Thread: Dismounted generals?

teh.frickin.pope's Avatar Senator

Default Dismounted generals?

Those infantry guard of Jerusalem gave me an Idea, since you guys are already doing recruitable generals, could some factions recruit generals on foot? For the Ghorid, Ghaznavid, and Kwarehzm you could get Daylami chieftains with a retinue of the finest tribesmen; Constable/warden of the city for Outremer etc.

It would make defending walls a lot more fun, as well as just being a pretty distinctive feature to further set BC apart from the crowd.

Broken Crescent, Its Frickin Awesome! Sig by Atterdag +rep
    Stop Uwe Boll!

Default Re: Dismounted generals?

I dont know how the mechanics of recruitable generals works. I know we have talked about having recruitable generals though. It's an interesting idea for some factions.
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

Some mods have already added in dismounted generals.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDelta View Post
    I dont know how the mechanics of recruitable generals works. I know we have talked about having recruitable generals though. It's an interesting idea for some factions.
    As I understand it, I did a test for it but I forgot how it worked except that it did. But basically, you give the unit you want to be a recruitable general the "general_unit" trait, but make it appear below the unit you want to be the native faction general's bodyguard.

The conceptual plan [May or may not be implimented] is that every faction gets some sort of recruitable general. They would be historically sensible, and hopefully something a little unique for many factions: Rajputs could recruit Elephant Generals, the KoJ recruit Order Generals, the Ayyubids Mamluks, the Zengids Ghulams, and so forth. I'm not certain if they'd be 2hp or 1.

I'm not a big fan of dismounted generals because of the dominance of cavalry in this period and that I haven't really heard of generals who fought on foot in this day and age.

Indefinitely Banned

Dismounted Generals sounds like an interesting idea. Would have to look at who it applied to though - if any.

Is it possible Mirage to maybe have it as a random trait for some family members such as "likes to fight dismounted" and have them on foot with their bodyguard?

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

Not likely.

Indefinitely Banned

Not likely, and impossible. Units are independent of traits and they cannot be made a function of it.

Ah, a shame