Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: True or just acting?

Semisalis

Default True or just acting?

In the movies.Do samurai fight like in the film.The same move, skill and stamina.Because if the asians skills of fighting where excellent, why did the chinese are defeated by the mongols?In the last samurai, the new weapon defeated the samurai.But the spirit of the samurai still remains.

HEKK, even I don't how my antsisters how did they fought in battles.

Gun, haaaaaaa, what a waste of cheating in battle.I hate new weapons, because they are easy to use.I like the sword, bow and spear.But I never liked westeren weapons.Did anybody has the skill of a ninja or kung fu in this site.Because I want to learn how to be a ninja or samurai or shalion.It's silly, but good.

Default Re: True or just acting?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    In the movies.Do samurai fight like in the film.The same move, skill and stamina.Because if the asians skills of fighting where excellent, why did the chinese are defeated by the mongols?In the last samurai, the new weapon defeated the samurai.But the spirit of the samurai still remains.

HEKK, even I don't how my antsisters how did they fought in battles.

Gun, haaaaaaa, what a waste of cheating in battle.I hate new weapons, because they are easy to use.I like the sword, bow and spear.But I never liked westeren weapons.Did anybody has the skill of a ninja or kung fu in this site.Because I want to learn how to be a ninja or samurai or shalion.It's silly, but good.
    OKOK....U use sword, bow and spear...lol

i use gun....lol

Wind.Trees.Fire.Mountion-風林火山→http://wtfm.exblog.jp

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by WTFM-GzZ View Post
    OKOK....U use sword, bow and spear...lol

i use gun....lol

You are japanese.You should be proud of yourself.Japan is one of my fav, even china and malaysia.You like gun?? Please, tell your grandmother what does she likes:"Sword or Gun".

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

nah WTFM-GzZ Thailand

Seijitai told me.

You are japanese.You should be proud of yourself.Japan is one of my fav, even china and malaysia.You like gun?? Please, tell your grandmother what does she likes:"Sword or Gun".
    sorry I am not japanese OR ..........TTa@@.Thailand

i no proud of japanself....lol

grand grand grand and more grand mother all like gun ...ccccc
    Last edited by WTFM-GzZ; June 06, 2007 at 09:01 PM.

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by WTFM-GzZ View Post
    sorry I am not japanese OR ..........TTa@@.Thailand

i no proud of japanself....lol

grand grand grand and more grand mother all like gun ...ccccc

OHHH, Sorry didn't know.I will come to visit in bangkok this year.I will buy all copy ps3 and wii games. Sorry, didn't know.

OHHH, Sorry didn't know.I will come to visit in bangkok this year.I will buy all copy ps3 and wii games. Sorry, didn't know.

......bangkok
    Last edited by WTFM-GzZ; June 05, 2007 at 12:49 PM.

Seijitai's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Wundai View Post
    nah WTFM-GzZ Thailand

Seijitai told me.
    Rhaaa Wundai, I told Taiwan, not Thailand

LOL omg im thailand thats were the boys froem afghanistan( canadian soldiers) often go for the RNR my buddy toled me u can buy clothsfor 2 dollar and ur fully dressed so they dotn wash the cloths.. they throw it away and buy new cloths everyday lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dermeister View Post
    LOL omg im thailand thats were the boys froem afghanistan( canadian soldiers) often go for the RNR my buddy toled me u can buy clothsfor 2 dollar and ur fully dressed so they dotn wash the cloths.. they throw it away and buy new cloths everyday lol
    XD ~

I dont know about thailand anything

even thailand in asia....

AFAIK Jidaigeki or movies are horrible source for historical learning.
    Most of them simply does what looks "cool" and "artistic" rather than what is realistic.
    The movie with the most realistic representation of Sengoku jidai warfare is the cartoon movie
    "Crayon Shin-chan: Arashi wo Yobu Appare! Sengoku Daikassen"
    And no, I'm not joking.
    The movie made a painstaking research into the culture and warfare of Sengoku jidai with the latest studies and it has the most realistic depiction of Sengoku jidai warfare.
    No Samurais wielding Katanas in battlefield, No cavalry units charging into pikemen.
    Many people says it's the most realistic movie about Sengoku jidai in history of filming.

Emperor, the Samurai were trained in close hand-to-hand combat. That's why they defeated the Mongols in 1274 and 1281. The beach-heads the Mongols tried to establish never materialized because of the Samurai's close-fighting skills versus an enemy that was used to peppering it's enemies with missiles on the open plains.

The Chinese relied more on armies that were raised from peasant-farmers. Their troop quality was vastly inferior when compared to Japan's. One of the many reasons for this could be China's reliance on the Great Wall, which, incidentally, fell due to a betrayal and not military action.
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so.

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Sextus Loverlord View Post
    Emperor, the Samurai were trained in close hand-to-hand combat. That's why they defeated the Mongols in 1274 and 1281. The beach-heads the Mongols tried to establish never materialized because of the Samurai's close-fighting skills versus an enemy that was used to peppering it's enemies with missiles on the open plains.

The Chinese relied more on armies that were raised from peasant-farmers. Their troop quality was vastly inferior when compared to Japan's. One of the many reasons for this could be China's reliance on the Great Wall, which, incidentally, fell due to a betrayal and not military action.
    So, the chinese recruited peasents to wear armor.Even the untrained were thrown in battle.Japanese defeated the mongols true, but that makes that the japanese are stronger than chinese? I am confused.

Seijitai's Avatar Biarchus

AFAIK Jidaigeki or movies are horrible source for historical learning.
    Yeah, but they are sooo good for entertainment...
    Last edited by Seijitai; June 06, 2007 at 01:14 AM.

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

So there were never 2 typhoons that wiped away the invading mongol army's, that was all fantasy?

Musashi's Avatar Semisalis

So, the chinese recruited peasents to wear armor.Even the untrained were thrown in battle.Japanese defeated the mongols true, but that makes that the japanese are stronger than chinese? I am confused.
    Nothing is ever that plack and white. You have to realise there are number of things influensing even a single battle never the less a hole war.
    First the number of troops versus skill. State of mind versus training. Bettlefield. Situation before battle. How long has the army travelled just before battle. Taktiks and skill of the general leading the army.

Compare different battles and situations and you will understand.

Few examples. Segigahara, Custer vs indians in little big horn, Battle of thermopylae and more importantly what exactly did those 300 spartan get for dying and why they where willing to die. WW2 Finland vs Russia first in winterwar and then in WW2.

Exaples are countles. Every single battle has been influensed as much the number of troops at use as the willingles to fight and importanse of victory or los.
    Even if a thousand people believe in a lie, it's still a lie.
    Oh. If you don't understand my english then I'm sorry. I'm just bad at it. Now playing:

Last edited by WTFM-GzZ; June 06, 2007 at 09:31 AM.

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

laugh it up fuzzball

Not true at all. The 'kamikaze' (divine wind), combined with poor quality ships that were hastily constructed in Korea and China and low morale troops conscripted from Korea and China, had a lot more to do with it than the 'hand-to-hand' skills of the samurai. Samurai were mounted archers, and they weren't exactly going to go charging in to a force of Mongols that were many times the size of their defending force to engage in sword-fighting. If anything, it was the samurai who were used to peppering its enemies with arrows, while the Mongols took advantage of mass-infantry tactics, something that Japan's military had abandoned centuries before the invasions.
    "While [Emperor Go-Daigo] hears that Masashige alone still lives, let him believe that he will prevail at last!"

I have to agree with peopel that belive numbers dont mean everythign in battle and i agree theyrs many factors that can affect a battle right up to weather... u say weather?? what if because of luck wind is blowing twards the enemi and alows your arrows to travle that much further and alow u to have arows rainign over the enemi when the enemi cant reach u yet? and liek mentioned above .. terrain travle distance ect ect many thigns affect battles and the general that takes advantage of those littlethings.. i lift my hat to him

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast