Thread: battles in CB

Default battles in CB

i wonder if you guys modded the battles.

i'm currently playing SPQR 6.2 where battles are a serious thing with thousands of warriors, where you really need to use tactics/strategy and where you've to fight full stacks of fearsome/experienced warriors.

despite these great features, i miss a bit more realism (better looking units, more cities, diversity in units,...) like in RTR or EB. so far from the screenshots i've seen of CB, that part of the game (realism) looks really great.

but how are the battles? i hope they're (a bit) better than RTR or EB: full stacks are rare and when you compose a full legion (1 1st chort, 9 cohorts, 2 cav, 2 arch, 2 skirm, 1 G +...) you can conquer like 20 settlements/field armies without having any severe losses, even when you play vh/vh.

to make it really interesting, you guys could use the way of SPQR with full stacks and lots of hard battles, but relativly cheap(er) units or (i don't know which mod uses this system) a system with more expensive units and fewer battles, but those battles will be more important and you'll have to plan/take notice whether you attack or retreat to fight another day when victory will be more certain.

any answers/suggestions?

Default Re: battles in CB

The battles are difficoult and the fighting is more realistic, more long not symple.

Sextus
    Roman steel, that's the answer!

and how about archers and skirmishers? did you guys modified the impact of their arrows/spears?

in most mods their impact is pretty much the same as in the vanilla version: you can fire millions of arrows upon the enemy and still only 10 men got killed. in SPQR the impact is modified and the result is devastating to non armoured (or with very few armour) units like archers, light cavalry, warbands,...

skirmishers can completely disorder a dense formation like the falanx and kill half a unit before they're out of ammo.

In CB the skirmishers are quite letal if they hit a levy unit, and the pilum impact is strong like it was. Also the arrows are more letal.

Sextus
    Roman steel, that's the answer!