Thread: Ai is baffling me

Default Ai is baffling me

I have noticed that when i have an average army, the AI just attack from all sides, but i jus played as poland and i didnt build hardly anything at the beginning and only units. After attacking HRE and taking 2 of their towns, they asked for ceasefire and i countered with asking for 2 towns and they accepted.

I also got york off england, a town off france, two more of HRE and 20,000 florin from denmark (2 ceasefires for 10,000 a time).

Is the AI made so it will give big gifts to people stronger than them?

sgtgoody's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Ai is baffling me

My usual experience is just the opposite. I will crush two or three full stack armies and take half the AIs land only to have them demand that I become their vassal or offer a ceasefire only if I will pay them several thousand a turn. Usually I find that once a faction declares war on me we are at war forever. Maybe an occasional ceasefire or pause because of the pope (not a problem now in my Byzantine campaign) but we will normally fight till I crush them.
    If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

oh wow, what a lucky guy, when i was owning hre, they asked ME to become their vassal -.-,

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

I didnt even attack denmark. They attacked me and then asked for ceasefire when i beat them off and gave me the money.

as for france, england and russia, they gave me regions for trade rights and alliences

noone plays on cheats mate except u

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by sgtgoody View Post
    My usual experience is just the opposite. I will crush two or three full stack armies and take half the AIs land only to have them demand that I become their vassal or offer a ceasefire only if I will pay them several thousand a turn. Usually I find that once a faction declares war on me we are at war forever. Maybe an occasional ceasefire or pause because of the pope (not a problem now in my Byzantine campaign) but we will normally fight till I crush them.
    this is exactly what happens to me (how dare egypt ask me to become a vassel to them!!!, the true soldiers is templers i would say they never attack me unless they have reason. if i attack them iam the one will get beat up so they think iam a poor guy who dont want to get crush by them )

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

I think this is because all factions are at "supreme" power this is because of the combined allies. So technicly they do have reasonable demands. But this is broken since the AI's armies rarely help eachother.

wow, lol, what difficulty are you playing on? cause EVERYTIME on mine, they give me something like, become my vassal , or cease fire, but demand 20k florins

Last edited by MTW2; June 04, 2007 at 08:22 AM.

oh wow, lucky guy, there is nothing i can add to that. My diplomacy is a lot less reasonable

right, you are very lucky.. i dont get even ceasefires
    Serve no one but Bane!

An awesome mod!

wait... since when does demanding settlements work? I want whatever game you're playing.

LOL, good job redalibi. It worked for me in 3.0, never in 3.2... in 3.0 i demanded Jerusalem outta egypt

I don't think this mod touches the diplomacy AI so this question isn't really applicable.

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

IIRC, Grifman is correct. SS uses the vanilla diplomacy.

From a diplomatic standpoint, the key is which party requests the ceasefire. If the AI requests the ceasefire, you can get a big payday. If you request the ceasefire, the AI will not give it without their own big payday (usually return of settlements taken plus some cash).
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

actually it's alrilght, 1.2 has really changed the diplomacy to the better, before IT SUCKS

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

In my england campaign early on, the french wanted a ceasefire. I demanded they give me Bordeaux...which they did