Thread: Having the Papacy as my defense?

Default Having the Papacy as my defense?

I'm in a Templar Knight short campaign, I've conquered entire Holy Land, Egypt, and Turkey, now I'm at war with Russia to the North (1 of my castle is the choke point, so they don't threaten other cities in Turkey) and Byzantines to the West (my city next to Constantinople is the choke point). I'm curious if it would be a good idea to conquer Constantinople and give it as a gift to the Papal States. Will they accept it? My relations with Papal States is nearly perfect (but we aren't allied). Is it possible for a faction to reject a gift?
    Last edited by htothehh; June 02, 2007 at 02:51 PM.

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Having the Papacy as my defense?

Quote Originally Posted by htothehh View Post
    I'm in a Templar Knight short campaign, I've conquered entire Holy Land, Egypt, and Turkey, now I'm at war with Russia to the North (1 of my castle is the choke point, so they don't threaten other cities in Turkey) and Byzantines to the West (my city next to Constantinople is the choke point). I'm curious if it would be a good idea to conquer Constantinople and give it as a gift to the Papal States. Will they accept it? My relations with Papal States is nearly perfect (but we aren't allied). Is it possible for a faction to reject a gift?

HOW dare you !!! did you forgot that once Constantinople save the a** of the Rome catholics and you going to capture and make orthodox people angry
    just kidding btw pope will accept the constantinopel but byzantine empire wont sit and watch simply(did you ever notice that when ever you have crusade stack and attackt the bysantine pope releation will drop )

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

I always ally with the pope as soon as I can. In a few of my campaigns I have given the pope land to keep a barrier between my enemies and to keep it cool so I don't get excommunicated.

lol, that's the bad thing about having the pope.. you gotta watch it x_x, he limit you in every way. From what i've seen so far, they never rejected my gifts, so i doubt they ll reject urs, oh ya, unless you guys are in war, they won't reject gifts.

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

The Pope is nothing more than a control factor to limit the player. To annoy you instead of making it harder.

my exp with the pope, is that if you give him a provins he will at some point,
    begin to expand, and maybe he will expand i your region (war-war)
    And excom by the :wub: pope

Really? I thought Papacy never expands? I've only seen it attack excommunicated factions... But if my relations with Papacy perfect, it won't attack me, will it?

no if you are allied withe the pope he will not atack, (dont think so)
    but once i gave a province to the pope, and like 30 turns later
    he was in control of 9 regions.
    Maybe after the 1.2 patch it have been made different Maybe...

OK, I just allied them, and I have conquered Turkey, gave them Constantinople, and Crete so they could defend me, now I can prepare for war with Mongols and Russians without having to worry about the Byzantines and Hungarians

you didn't destroy byztium, did you? T_T
    and just to answer your question, as long your christian faction, the pope will NEVER backstab you. If you are muslim or orthodox, well... backstabing becomes common
    Last edited by Mike13531; June 03, 2007 at 01:41 PM.

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you