Thread: .CAS Importer/exporter for 3ds max

[dohtml]<span class='section'>.CAS Importer/exporter for 3ds max</span>[/dohtml]

Category: Tools
    Compatibility: Rome: Total War
    Description:
    Read Me
    Importer/Exporter for the R:TW CAS 3d file format
    By Vercingetorix (pauldls@hotmail.com)
    Current Version: 0.69b
    Last updated 1/18/05

Legal disclaimer: I do not work for CA or Activision and this tool is strictly unofficial. Use at you own risk, neither I or any party but you the user can be held accountable to any damage caused be use of this tool.

How to run:
    To run the script save it to your 3dsmax&#092;scripts folder. In max go to the utilities tab and hit run script, open the script. Select from the utilities drop down R:TW import/export.

Some things you should be aware of:

There are two types of meshes static and dynamic. Static is weapons shields etc. Dynamic is the unit or animal, that is to say dynamic meshes have a skin modifier and have different bones affecting it. A static object simply has a bone as a parent. Dynamic meshes don&#39;t have any parent.

For all dynamic meshes you must have the skin modifier at the top of the stack. Vertex weighting is not supported in RTW, so a vertex may not have more then one bone influencing it.

If you change the UV&#39;s and then when you export in the game and the texture is messed up it is because in max one vertex may have more then one texture vertex while in RTW a vertex may only have one texture vertex. To fix this, break vertices that have more then one texture vertex assigned to them. If you do this you will have to skin the new vertices with the skin modifier (that is if the mesh is dynamic).

Every CAS file specifies the texture it uses. The exporter will put as the path of the texture "&#092;texture&#092;theTexture.tga". Where "theTexture.tga" is the filename of the diffuse map, which the model uses. Currently the exporter does not support multiple textures.

Item files now supported&#33;

If you wish to distribute this tool please do not change this readme.
    View this File
    In patronicum sub: .Spartan.
    Vive L'Empereur

Will it work in Gmax?
    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:orange'>EVOLUTION? REVOLUTION&#33;</span></span>-Liquid Fire Studios

People think I&#39;m mad, I&#39;m not, just because I play with matches...

Is the plugin compatible with gmax?

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

Default Re: .CAS Importer/exporter for 3ds max

regarding import export script

i am unable to use this script with the autodesk 3d max 8
    it may sound stupid but
    if u can give exact procedure for activating the script
    i dint get any error
    but neigther i found any utilities drop down R:TW import/export.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Right, put the script in 3dsmax\scripts. Open 2dsmax then go to utilities, run script, select the script, then in the drop down box below run script select RTw import/export.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

vikrant1986 look at my tutorial in the help section that will help you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash