Thread: @KK

Default @KK

Hi KK,

What exactly is it you did to improve the composition of AI armies? (If you don't mind my asking.)

The reason I ask is because I'm playing a Timurid campaign with Unspoken Knight's Custom Campaign Mod (which is excellent btw) but, it still has all of those annoying vanilla game killers like the Egyptians and Turks keep coming at me with nothing but siege weaponry. It's got to the point where I have a spy and assassin stationed at every enemy settlement whose sole purpose is to sabotage treb/catapult production around the clock

Unspoken Knight increased the build time for siege weaponry to two turns but drastically reduced (approximately halved) the upkeep for all units and if anything the siege weaponry spam is worse than vanilla.

Whatever you did it works like a charm and I'd love to know.

(I know you're a busy man so no hurry.)

P

Default Re: @KK

I'll tell you how he did it. King Kong is a ****in' bad ass.

Hi Parzival,

Well, the army balance mainly depends on the export_descr_buildings.txt file.
    The availibility and maximum amount of units and the recruitment that depends on the level of barracks is very important.
    Also the availibility and amount of mercenaries and the castles/cities and their infrastructure is quite important.
    Unfortuntely you can't just copy those files over the ones from another mod (because of the new faction, other regions), so you would have to edit mainly those files manually.

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

"Unfortuntely you can't just copy those files over the ones from another mod (because of the new faction, other regions), so you would have to edit mainly those files manually."
    wow, i know, i'll have to quote KK on this one, i tried putting stainless steel 3.2 and some new units from byz enhancement 1.4 together. No avail...
    say, KK, btw, look at my pm , i think you might be interested
    Last edited by Mike13531; June 02, 2007 at 11:34 PM.

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

that sounds like a lot of work... I think I'll stick with Stainless Steel.

I just had a wild hair to wreak some havoc with elephants

On another note I noticed BBB 2.0 has been released. Do we just copy the new files over the old and start a new campaign or is it a tad more complicated than that?

Thanks.

depends, if the battle_model doesn't fit, then, it won't fit. and you ll need this file called winmerge, if he has a different descr_building or descrb_unit

Thanks, Mike.

I think I'll just wait for KK to combine BBB 2.0+ with SS 4.0

It mustn't be far off now and I'm sure it'll be worth the wait
    Last edited by Parzival; June 03, 2007 at 09:54 AM.

lol, no prob. No + rep for me?? , nah, i'm joking