Thread: we dont need no diplomacy

Default we dont need no diplomacy

at first i must say that this mod is awesome! Good job king kong..

yeah we want to have more challenging mtw2.. but this "me against the world" doesnt give fun.. Having bad relationships with neighoburs is ok to me, because i have always full stack armies at borders and threatened them, but why am i bad with other countries for example scotland, england, hre. (im playins as templar knights...)

the ai never make ceasefire, betrayal is become common.. ok war, victory, challenge is fun, but diplomacy should be a part of this fun too..

Libertus

Default Re: we dont need no diplomacy

I have been having fun with diplomacy, sort of. In my war with the Moors, they attack I crush them they sue for ceasefire I take them to the bank for 1-2.5k plus some payments, and then we have 2 turns of peace and wam they attack again. so far this has gone on for 12 turns. I finally decided to press them and attacked and now own 4 of their cities, but they are still sailing to the same one to attack it. wierd..

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

hi OguzhanOgre
    it seems you are not prof in game yet because betrayal comes ovious if you make allience with impossible factions as if make allience with
    venice vs milan
    france vs hre
    spain vs france
    templers vs egypt
    they will oviously betray you because since the begining of age of medieval thse faction are fighting constantly and betraying their alleince
    diplomacy have been corrected a lot in this mod and v1.2 patch so you have to be carefull with the faction
    if you want to attack a faction you have to be carefull look at their diplomacy relations with other faction who are near by (because they will also turn against you)
    so make allience who are fighting against your enemies (enemies of my enemy is my firned)

so diplomacy is important even in these days
    war never give victory all the time
    (for example i was about to lose my vienna to hungarians when i play as hre
    i payed tribute and asked ceasfire to save my presess general and my city)
    if you dont cheat in u're game you will love your diplomacy a lot

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

Well Chola has a point but the OP is talking about seemingly benign alliances between Knights Templar and Scotland. If you're playing on VH, diplomacy is almost nonexistent; unless you're just kissing a faction's ass nonstop with tributes, attacks on their enemies, you're going to get betrayed.

Quote Originally Posted by redalibi View Post
    Well Chola has a point but the OP is talking about seemingly benign alliances between Knights Templar and Scotland. If you're playing on VH, diplomacy is almost nonexistent; unless you're just kissing a faction's ass nonstop with tributes, attacks on their enemies, you're going to get betrayed.
    true but if are playing as templer and if you go to the scotland emisserry before you wage war agaisnt any faction they will gladly accet your proposal and remain true to you but beware scotland can come to the egypt and have a good treaty with them too so if you attack the egyptian socts may get pissed off and brake your allience
    this one happend to me with byzantine empire when i play as templers i coundt beleive that they make alleicne with me and allience with egypt at the same time. so couldnt attack the egyptian because byzantine would betray me with their nasty "ship blockades" it happens in VH/VH
    Last edited by Chola_Kingdom; June 01, 2007 at 01:38 PM.

Viscount In TWC

@ Chola_Kingdom

as i said before, being in war with neighbours is ok to me.. With turks, byzantine and egypt.. egypt is only allied with moors i therefore i understand the very poor relations with moors.. turks and byzantines are allied too.. It all makes sense..

BUT! At first i have alliances with hre, england, spain, milan and papacy.. after i became #1 in military they all have except the pope canceled their alliances and my relations are going down.. i simply cant get this..

ps: i played the game in h/h settings..

It depends on your reputation, if you have an untrustworthy reputation you cant really expect them to stay allies with you. And keep relations with those distant factions up.

ohh i got your problem by the way
    heheh it's kind of trick made by the KK i think but in usual facts strong faction will be hated and betrays by the weakest faction or growing faction
    it happens in now a days too
    for example USSR grows as a strenth in europe when they grow faster there relation with usa started to go badly
    talibans act as a mask to the US (US gave lots of arms to the taliban) when the USSR invade the afghan. the same taliban betrayed the usa gov by attacking the twin tower for unknown reason.(actually talibans hated that Lebanon got bombings by US's ally )

so same think happend in medieval periods
    Last edited by Chola_Kingdom; June 02, 2007 at 04:18 PM.

Viscount In TWC

chola might be right, i was just starting to wonder, my byzantium is the strongest, and why do they bother... that IS like us, like china, they keep interfering, why the hell do they think they are??! They just pick on growing factions

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

My relations with factions that are not allied to my enemies also drops sometimes for no apparent reason...

wouldnt it more fun if we can play in more "diplomatic" ways?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Err...the game is Total War, not Total Have-a-chat-over-tea-and-scones

and can you please tell me why do we have diplomacy as an option?

Hi all,

Well, unfortuntely, I have very little right now, but I just wanted to inform you that I finally made a short guide how to add Ultimate AI 1.5 in the "SS FAQ, Problems & Solutions" thread...

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

ok i ll wait for the instructions thanks KK..