Thread: I must be the only one who can't get this damn mod to work

Icon9 I must be the only one who can't get this damn mod to work

I just got Total War:Eras a couple days ago and I wanted to dl this mod and get it to work since I had no luck doing that last time and that was before my XP was reinstalled. I followed the installation instructions to the letter I had a clean R:TW install which is the gold edition on one disc as it comes in the Eras pack. After that Installed the 1.9 Critical fix and like last time when I had just Total Rome Gold I click on the Icon and a MS-DOS window pops up for less than a second and NOTHING loads up. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I installed it to C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War like it said. But when I saw the patch installation instructions it said for gold users install to C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War. I only did that on installing the critical 1.9 patch. The first download which was the mod I installed it to C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War, could that be the problem? I highley dout it I just had to uninstall Rome Total war gold and Im reinstalling it now. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I really want to fix this and play this great mod, Please help on this one. (Total War Gold from the Eras pack is already updated to 1.5 and 1.6)

Thanks.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Default Re: I must be the only one who can't get this damn mod to work

Please read and review all the posts and helps in the stickied threads here:

http://www.thefourthage.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=7

If you still cannot get it to work, then please post up exactly what you did (with more details than your description above) so that we can see where you have gone wrong.

It really is simple though as it's automated:

- install RTW BI, making sure it is 1.6
    - download and run the FE installer making sure the path field is set to your Rome TW directory (the folder with the BI and RTW .exe files in it)
    - a dos window will open and run for about 12 minutes on exiting the installer
    - download and run the 1.9 patch, again making sure the path is correct
    - click on FE desktop icon to start game!

We also highly recommend downloading and installing the music pack.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

You're the guy who posted at the FATW forums, right?

Well, as someone already said there, if you install Eras to C:\Creative Assembly\, you must install the mod there too!

well my dos window does not go into install mode and shuts down like after only a minute. Can you tell me what may be causing this someone. please, I really want to get this corrected so I can install this mod and other mods who use this install method.

Thanks Cleaburn

You will need to be a lot more detailed than that if there's any chance we can help.

Pal, shouldn't there be a script in the RTW folder that can be manually run after the installation finishes? (If the auto script fails that is)

The fe mod bat file is in the rome directory, just click on it to execute it - but if the dos window stayed open for a minute before closing it is hard to say what happened.