Thread: 0 turn recruitment

icydawgfish's Avatar Campidoctor

Default 0 turn recruitment

I was wondering how to do zero turn recruitment?

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: 0 turn recruitment

Hi icydawgfish, if it can help you (and if I am allowed... ...Rio...??) to put 0 turn recruitment for all units you have to edit the file export_description_unit.txt. You can find it in Rome Total War/RIO/data folder, if you installed RIO V switchmod or in RomeTotal War/BI/data folder if you have installed the .rar file. Every unit description have a line with written stat_cost 1, 300, 216, 40, 60, 300 (it's an example) where 1 it's the recruitment turn (you will find 2, 3 and 4 if I remember well). Use find command writing in "stat_cost 1" and then replace command writing in "stat_cost 0" and click on replace all; you must repeat for "stat_cost 2 & 3 & 4" also with same replace words. Using Word it's easier, but don't forget to backup before the export_description_unit.txt... but maybe this is a useless suggestion ... Hope it helps ...
    But may I ask why you want have "0 recruitment turn"?
    Last edited by margio; May 31, 2007 at 05:21 PM.

0 Turn recruitment, for Barbarian nations and low tier units, is actually rather realistic. Barbarian tribal armies were generally raised as more or less a levee, the high tier units are part of a chieftans household, and practice their military skills at all times, the next units are household troops for other chieftans or nobles who are the lessers of the leading cheiftain.

Thenyou get the peasant levy, more or less, where they are either joining up hoping for loot, or simply called up. They certainly received no training.

Quote Originally Posted by margio View Post
    Hi icydawgfish, if it can help you (and if I am allowed... ...Rio...??)
    Your help is always appreciated margio

Testing some final things....made a last minute adjustment to the map.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod