Thread: RealCombat

Default RealCombat

tornnight have you thought about adding/merging RealCombat into TLR? This little mod is looking very, very good indeed. I would love to see TLR with RealCombat and RealArrow. How hard would it be to merge the three together? OK, RealArrow probably isn't too hard, but RealCombat makes many fundamental changes to export_descr_unit.txt.

I think RealCombat would make TLR even better so I am willing to do the donkey work with your guidance. Any advise, please?

Default Re: RealCombat

Quote Originally Posted by dfeal View Post
    I would love to see TLR with RealCombat and RealArrow. How hard would it be to merge the three together? OK, RealArrow probably isn't too hard,

i succesfully merged RealArrow with TlR a time ago It wasnt very easy becouse i am no modder but i only wanted you to confirm that it is possibel.
    Hmm, without a garantie that it works, but i think i copied TLRfiles into the vanila MTW files, so that when i started the Medi.exe i actually loaded vanilla merged with TLR. Then i installed Realarrow and started the game by the Realarrow.bat

Sry for my bad english and i hope you did understand what i mean. Make plz better a backup befor starting to experiment...Maybe Torn could add the two mods in his addon, when he has the time? This would be great.
    BTW, RealArrow is nice but some may have problems with perfomance drops.

Campidoctor

I think Torn has stated he won't be merging Real Combat with TLR, he has his own system he's set up which is similar yet different having to do with animation speeds and proper autocalc. I'd love to see a user sub-mod making it so though. I'm sure eventually someone with the know how will be up for it and a release will come along, if enough people want it.

Does TLR include the Byz. Armor progression mod?

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

It did but now I'm starting to use the new DisgruntledGoats (One Faction at a time project)

I'll also hopefully get access to LACAs new units when he releases.
    Last edited by tornnight; May 31, 2007 at 12:44 PM.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

Im curious, becuase though I love the look of the Byz. One Faction at A Time skins, they don't seem to include the correct armor progression. Level 1 armor changes, but level 2 (silver shield; mail) remains the same as level 1.

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

Yep, he doesn't have new armor progression built in. That will be something I have to work out.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification