Thread: Mounted javelins a little skittish?

Default Mounted javelins a little skittish?

I started my first darthmod campaign as the moors, and I've noticed that mounted javelinmen(desert cav, jinetes) seems to consistently skirmish out of firing range. A. has anyone else noticed this and B. What would the best way to fix it be? extending javelin range or increasing skirmish range(if possible)

great work by the way. does os21 also include the diplomacy mod?

Default Re: Mounted javelins a little skittish?

Do not worry I will fix it. I know what to do...tks for telling me.

I may release also the diplomacy mod but will need testing...

checking now.. doesn't appear to be completely fixed. Units will still run outside of firing range when they skirmish

I noticed another strange thing with jinetes in particular - they seem to be extremely effective against heavy cavalry in close combat - which seems a bit strange to me. Their main use against heavy cavalry should be to pelt them with javelins and use their superior movement and speed. However, when I played as French, the AI had no problem with sending in Jinetes versus my heavy cav and absolutely murdering them in close combat. In a straight-up fight with even odds, Jinetes almost won against General's Bodyguards, in close combat. I described this in the main OSS sticky thread at the top of the forum as well.