Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paradox Replied

Default Paradox Replied

Hi Mike,

We have no problem with that whatsoever, it's always great to see
    initiatives like this around our own games. If there is anything we can do
    to increase the experience for your gamers on the site, just let me know.
    That could include sending press copies, games for contests, giving you
    access to our press releases etc.

Also, would you like to link in www.paradoxplaza.com and www.gamersgate.com
    to the site?

Kind regards
    Susana Meza

~ Strategy is our game ~
    They are extremely cooperative. If we get the site up we could get pretty much what CA offers for twcenter if not more.

I asked them if paradoxcenter.net was ok in the email and gave them a link to this site.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Paradox Replied

Looks very positive. Ill have to check out the links they provided. On another note, I did a quick check of the games section at a couple of local stores. The only Paradox offereing was Europa Universalis, and only in the last store.
    M2TW is now in the clearance bin at 50% off, while the original MTW is still selling at regular prices.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen spy of the council

God, you are doing better than I did. I never got any reply from them ages ago. This is one reason why I dropped it... Ho hum. Any way, kudos to you!

I sent a PM on the forums to Johan. I've talked to him before so I guess that helped.

He referred me to this woman.

edit: the gamers gate site is their primary "retailer" now. Its their official sales site and they let you download the game.

I think it was obvious that I was drunk when I made this post - so I deleted what was in it
    Last edited by Elrond; May 31, 2007 at 06:45 AM.
    Under the Patronage of Imb39
    Patron of julianus heraclius, TheFirstONeill, Boz and midnite

I guess someone has retired from the committee.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Well this probably a best case scenario. Now we must decide how we go about doing this...that is to say, different homepage, different site focus (paradox section) but a common community shared by both TWC and the paradox site? Possible?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    Well this probably a best case scenario. Now we must decide how we go about doing this...that is to say, different homepage, different site focus (paradox section) but a common community shared by both TWC and the paradox site? Possible?
    I suggest a completely seperate site. Sim posted that technically is wasnt really feasible to have shared site sections. This makes sense in terms of working with and backing up the data as well. So you would be looking at a seperate database for the new site.

​​

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Baltar View Post
    I suggest a completely seperate site. Sim posted that technically is wasnt really feasible to have shared site sections. This makes sense in terms of working with and backing up the data as well. So you would be looking at a seperate database for the new site.
    Sim said it was possible if allot of work was put in which he wasn't prepared to do.

I think that people will regret not having a joint user system very soon after starting the site - Once the site is setup it will be impossible to implement.

If there isn't a joint user system the site will have virtually no links to TWC - it will essentially be another site owned by imb39 with no links apart from some members who are on both sites. We will then face the problems that Ogres.net had - a joint user database with a shared CC will mean that links are retained between the sites.

The only way (as far as I know) that a joint CC can be implemented is by making the CC forums at 'PC' just redirects to those at TWC.

Btw - you may have guessed that I was drunk last night.

Ragabash's Avatar Mayhem Crop Jet
    Civitate

Great news, do I see the change for Total Paradox Center in the future.

I echo John I Tzimisces words, it's time to decide what route we will take, I would love to see more then just TWC and CC inside the site, change the main focus of the site for more then just one game if you ask me.
    Last edited by Ragabash; May 31, 2007 at 10:07 AM.
    Under Patronage of Sřren and member of S.I.N.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elrond View Post
    Sim said it was possible if allot of work was put in which he wasn't prepared to do.

I think that people will regret not having a joint user system very soon after starting the site - Once the site is setup it will be impossible to implement.

If there isn't a joint user system the site will have virtually no links to TWC - it will essentially be another site owned by imb39 with no links apart from some members who are on both sites. We will then face the problems that Ogres.net had - a joint user database with a shared CC will mean that links are retained between the sites.

The only way (as far as I know) that a joint CC can be implemented is by making the CC forums at 'PC' just redirects to those at TWC.

Btw - you may have guessed that I was drunk last night.
    Well, Im not one to preach on the evils of fermented beverages.

So, in terms of what you are suggesting, Im visualizing something like this then, with the two game series sharing the CC.

Could this not be done via a linking process rather than ashared database?

​​

The House of Baltar

Well Content would largely seperate for obvious reasons, and I will fight curial power over a new site every step of the way, but your diagram is essentially what I am thinking of.

Yes it could be done without a partially or fully shared database, but there would be a tendency for the sites to slowly drift apart - a joint user database is a far more permanent link than any agreements and systems that could be written between the sites.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

The join userbase id the key if we don't have that the new Paradox site will be totally independent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

they should probably just put paradox on the same forum as tw and just have two separate homepages.

There already is a subforum under circus maximus. Either expand that subforum or move it out below the TW products.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    they should probably just put paradox on the same forum as tw and just have two separate homepages.

There already is a subforum under circus maximus. Either expand that subforum or move it out below the TW products.
    With respect chairman - Have you been listening the past few days? - Lusted told us that expanding the CM or making a non TW gamming section would put gold affilate status at risk due to the site no longer being focused enough on TW stuff.

If we want to expand into other games we have two options:

1) A site linked by a joint database - this would be difficult but it is possible to implement - the two sites would be linked together meaning that the sites would always partially be under Hex's control.

2) A site with seperate database - this would be far easier to implelment but it would mean that the sites would be largely independant after a while even if links between sites were created at start, also the new site wouldnt have TWC's member base.

I think option 1 is far better in the long run as the sites would always have a huge conection - after months or years the Paradox Center will gain more and more independance with option 2 and the problems suffered by ogres.net is also likely.

The only worth-while solution is, I think, a joint user database with a shared CC... subforums aren't going to succeed and regardless of gold status would be a poor compromise, and a separate site would require a tremendous amount of luck and carry with it too much risk in getting started, and also future development. If a semi-successful site came along and wanted hosting I would support a separate site but I wouldn't be in favour of simply starting a separate site.
    Count no man happy until he is dead.

Content Emeritus

Is said before i agree with the joint userbase.
    The purpose of this committee is for the expansion of TWC into other games.
    If the two site do not have a joint userbase then I don't see how this committee will have succeeded.
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

well lets just tell them what it is we think is what should be done, they can choose whether or not to act on it.

Also on the subforum... they already have one so its not like the gold status will be under any more of a risk than it is now.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=320

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    well lets just tell them what it is we think is what should be done, they can choose whether or not to act on it.

Also on the subforum... they already have one so its not like the gold status will be under any more of a risk than it is now.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=320
    There is a huge difference between one sub forum and a section - one means that the site is almost entirly focused on TW stuff, the other means that it is mainly focused on TW but not enough for gold affilate status - for a major expansion to take place it has to be at a new site.

The need to link the sites, the workload for technicians and the need to make the sites seperate enough to retain gold affilate status needs to be considered.

My opinion is that a new site linked by a joint user database but otherwise semi autonomous is the best balence of the needs for the new site.

Content Emeritus

Um yeah about the joint userbase i gave mim the link and he said that the hack was for an older version of vbulletin so we are still unsure if it will work.
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast