Thread: Ok finished...

Libertus

Default Ok finished...

So I've played about as far as i want to on Rohan and I have some comments.

First off campaigning in Rohan i noticed that the plains have a lot of trees and the mountains have virtually none. I was always under the impression that the situation was exactly the opposite. With the plains being endless flat, green steppes and the mountain vales being foresty.

Second some of the cities i think are the wrong place. I was under the impression that Aldburg was slightly closer to the border with Gondor. The Dunlending city in Isenmarch (i cant remember the name) should be much closer to Rohan if the Strawheads were able to take and hold it. As it is right now i dont think Rohan would be able to maintain control.

Third there is still the diplomatic situation. By the time i stopped playing every nation was at peace except the RK and Dunland vs. Rohan.

Fourth how hard would it be to make an Orcish faction to play against in the custom battle mode? All the units are already there...

There were a couple other things but they've already been covered.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Default Re: Ok finished...

The forests probably could do witj some rejigging. The Wold, for example, was treeless and we have some trees on it. It is not as easy to mod the battlemap, and not even the strat map always works the way you think it will based on the map TGAs - and we've never said that FATW was a battlemap mod either. It's a level of modding we have just touched really.

Cities should all be correctly placed but understand that the tiles are quite big and it is not always possible to be exact; the city in the Isenmarch is fictitious so it could go anywhere...

As has been discussed to death, there is not much we can do about the diplomacy but understand that FE is merely a step toward the finished product and RK and Rohan may be much more amicable in the next release (before Rohan joins with Harad and attacks Minas Tirith

Unfortunately - and as I have discussed before - a faction (even a CB one) involves a lot more work than just having units ready.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Libertus

Default Re: Ok finished...

Cool, rock rock on
    Sic Semper Tyrannis