Thread: Forgot to make backup, asking for original file

Default Forgot to make backup, asking for original file

I forgot to make a backup of the battle_models.modeldb file and the game crashes before starting up. Or actually, I saved my changes by mistake before I remembered to make a backup. Anyway, I wonder if anyone could send the vanilla battle_models.modeldb file to jackbob_corn@hotmail.com or just upload it. It would be really kind.
    Thanks.

Default Re: Forgot to make backup, asking for original file

You can extract the file by yourself from the packs. Go into the tools directory and make a bat-file. Write this line into it:

Code:
    unpacker.exe --source=..\..\packs\*.pack --destination=..\..\ --verbosity=1 --filter=battle_models.modeldb
    After executed you can find the new file at data\unit_models\

There was a formatted battle_models.modeldb somewhere in the mod community that was easier to edit than the CA one. You could ask people who are working with it like GODzilla if they could send it to you.

Oh, thank you very much!

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Serious Samurai made a formatted version of this file, as well:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...atted+modelsdb

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbob View Post
    Anyway, I wonder if anyone could send the vanilla battle_models.modeldb file to jackbob_corn@hotmail.com or just upload it.
    I just want to make it clear to you that sharing original files is not allowed here. Always backup your files before touching them, it can save you from going through a lot of hassle.

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Trajan - totally agree . Why anyone posts who owns the disc beats me . You've only got to rename top level directories and reload. That takes a little time but has to be far faster than waiting.

I was unaware of that. I can assure you that I bought the game and got a disc. I didn't know that it was possible to just unpack one file and I wanted to see if anyone could send me a new one so I wouldn't have to repeat the unpacking process.

Socal_infidel: Thanks.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

No problem Jackbob. I can understand how unpacking all the files is a pain in the ass. Thank God the unpacker can also unpack certain files. What I did to prevent ever unpacking the files again is, after I unpacked all the files, I moved them all to another folder, outside the Sega folder, to keep them as backups.