Thread: AI behavior still 'hardcoded' ?

Default AI behavior still 'hardcoded' ?

I'm playing slow game with templars, the year is about 1300 I already expanded into Constantinople, the Mongols already wandering for tens of years I already guarded most of my northern territories with at least 1 full stack army/city to prevent them, I begin to crush Byz, I spare the Turks which practically couldn't do anything serious to me (only had 5/6 regions), get some like 80-90K income and about 60K expanse...

I saved the Venice from destruction by gave them Edessa, Venice (their capital) and all their original provinces had taken by those green men (you know which ), everything looks all doing well.

I was allied with Hungary - WAS in war with the Byz, and Venice - WAS in war with Turks. Then suddenly (actually exactly after I besieged Sinop - Byz capital) Hungary declared war with me and those bastard Venice didn't take the opportunity to attack Turks (yes, they just stood there for years around Edessa) instead they attacked me with no real reason

Pissed off, I destroyed the Venetians, but then Hungary announced alliance with Byz

wtf?

that was on hard difficulty.
    can we at least stop the AI from automatically gang up against us if we're too powerful?
    Last edited by napoleonic; May 29, 2007 at 10:09 AM.

Default Re: AI behavior still 'hardcoded' ?

I have the same problem. Hard difficulty and below is just too easy, but VH difficulty is retarded, ludicrous (you vs. the world, forget about the entire diplomacy aspect of the game). I've never tried the Ultimate AI mod, I think King Kong is going to give a little tutorial on how to implement it in the current version of SS. Maybe that will make things a bit more challenging without abandoning realism.

Default Re: AI behavior still 'hardcoded' ?

lol, VH made pretty much all christian faction turn against me.. i had to destroy papal states with my powerful byz army.. venice, silicians, hre, milan, turks, and hungary and all of them attacked me, i destroyed venice, silician, milan ... well, papal states never goes away, as you all probably already know, so, it's been a problem for me. I am so tempted to burn down vatican, altho it's not possible, but damn papal states just keep coming and suicides, >_>

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you