Thread: how the hell to install this mod?

Default how the hell to install this mod?

sorry but the instructions he includes do not make sense. how to install this mod over 1.2? i played it in the last version of mtwII and it was awesome.

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: how the hell to install this mod?

sorry to hear you are having problems, a few people have mentioned it.

I'll have alook at the post toinght and upload the complete DarthMod file with all of the required files. Perhaps the current instructions are more difficult for newer users to follow

I'll post in this space when I'm done!

The file was way too large, my decompression isn't very good
    Last edited by The Border Reiver; May 31, 2007 at 03:53 AM.

I'll look forward to it - thanks!

Here's how I did it:

1. Install MTW2.
    2. Patch to 1.2
    3. Create a folder called "Darthmod" inside your MTW2 folder.
    4. Copy the "data" folder from your MTW2 folder into the Darthmod folder. The "FMV" folder within the "data" does not need to be copied, if you want to save disk space.
    5. Now copy the MTW2 folder that you downloaded from the open source thread over your own MTW2 folder, overwriting any duplicate files.
    6. Run "Launch_Darthmod.bat"

Voila. If that doesn't work or isn't clear, I'll clarify anything you ask.

Patrician

Gort ....thanks for that, I've been getting too busy at work and at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Gort2 View Post
    Here's how I did it:

1. Install MTW2.
    2. Patch to 1.2
    3. Create a folder called "Darthmod" inside your MTW2 folder.
    4. Copy the "data" folder from your MTW2 folder into the Darthmod folder. The "FMV" folder within the "data" does not need to be copied, if you want to save disk space.
    5. Now copy the MTW2 folder that you downloaded from the open source thread over your own MTW2 folder, overwriting any duplicate files.
    6. Run "Launch_Darthmod.bat"

Voila. If that doesn't work or isn't clear, I'll clarify anything you ask.
    Oh for god sake it.s patch 2 so why dident CA make mods run on their own without having to copy paste almost the whole frikkin game directroy. Sickening.

Anyway thank you for explaining how to do it.

Sorry for this but I thought it would be better to upload the mod in this first version for all modders or other players who are anxious to play before the actual release of DM.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Robin of Locksley View Post
    Oh for god sake it.s patch 2 so why dident CA make mods run on their own without having to copy paste almost the whole frikkin game directroy. Sickening.

Anyway thank you for explaining how to do it.
    Robin.....this has nothing to do with CA and or their design of the game. Furthermore, the new way to install Mods for MTW2 is hugely beneficial to the community.

Darth only uploaded the files necessary for people who were Beta testing his latest OS21. I apologise for not being able to explain this earlier, as this week has been frightfully eventful at work!
    Last edited by The Border Reiver; May 31, 2007 at 08:44 PM.

Not your fault guys. So is it possible to actually play this mod and another other mod for that matter, without having to use another 6GB of disk space????

Average British Student

Quote Originally Posted by Robin of Locksley View Post
    Not your fault guys. So is it possible to actually play this mod and another other mod for that matter, without having to use another 6GB of disk space????
    Yes as all mods should run and play if all are installed in there own folders e.g. DarthMod, DLV, LTC etc....

@Darth & The Border Reiver : Sorry for nothing be here - i been very busy and i have yet to install 1.2 as i have not had the time to reinstall the game as need for 1.2

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by wipeout140 View Post
    Yes as all mods should run and play if all are installed in there own folders e.g. DarthMod, DLV, LTC etc....

@Darth & The Border Reiver : Sorry for nothing be here - i been very busy and i have yet to install 1.2 as i have not had the time to reinstall the game as need for 1.2
    Wipeout .....no worries (Alf was such a great show!). Like you and Darth, I have been rather busy for last 2 weeks with work, and actually while I'm making some finishing touches to my files, I have my work laptop purring away configuring my work sites.....no rest even on the weekend currently!