Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: BUG REPORTS & INSTALLATION PROBLEMS | POST HERE!!!

Lord Finga's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Bug Reports

ah! k. what may then be the problem? it just sounds crazy having a danish priest speaking with an italian accent.

INVENTOR OF THE SettlementOccupiedScript v08 #4(SOS) for dlv 3.0
    INVENTOR OF THE ChangeCapital v2.04 for dlv 5.2

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

Definately has to do with the sound files in The_Long_Road/data/sounds.

You can try deleting the audio.? and events.? (Should be 4 files) files and let the game rebuild them. Not sure if this will bring back the crash issue but its worth a shot.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

thx for the quick reply! will try this now and post the result as fast as possible!

hm, nope! deleting the events and audio files doesn't work and leads to ctds! also tried to delete all the files in the sound folder but this doesn't work either.

beside this there's still another problem: i always get the same splash-screen (the one with the wooden city wall being taken by an army in a winter landscape).

Drat. Try maybe only the events or the audio files?

Also, if that doesn't work try the fix Alexei78 mentioned about editing the descr_sm_factions.txt file. You need to move the new factions to the bottom. I think the problem is similar to getting Xenophonia to work.

Worse thing is that I can't really help since it works fine on mine.

Splash screen? Check The_Long_Road/data/loading_screens/ and make sure they are all numbered in order.

Btw, I suspect the real issue is that the sound text files that were released by CA aren't exactly right for Non-English versions. They never released anything else though.
    Last edited by tornnight; May 30, 2007 at 01:10 PM.

concerning the splash screens: theres no splash screen numbered with 2 or 3!

edit: seems that the dissappeard loadingscreen_2 and _3 were caused by the uninstalling or installing procedure of the addon, since i uninstalled the addon and then reinstalled it yesterday and since then these files were away. i now uninstalled tlr and installed it again and then installed the addon and now the loadingscreen_2 and _3 are where they are supposed to be - odd.
    Last edited by Lord Finga; May 30, 2007 at 01:31 PM.

I seem to have some kinda bug where, if I'm attacked after I hit end turn, say if some random faction decides to attack me, it just auto-resolves. I had this problem in the previous version as well.

I'm wondering if it's just me, but.. It's reeeeeally annoying because I can't defend against sieges. I'm currently the target of jihads and if they lay siege to my city, I have to sally out before they build towers and rams or else it'll just auto-resolve. And we all know auto-resolve is -horrible-.

Is there some option somewhere, in some config file, that might've gotten toggled? Also, I -am- using hotseat mode, but I'm currently only controlling a single faction.

I crash to a dark screen.. after i click end turn.. it goes all the way to the independents then dark screen

Love the MOD btw

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by elof View Post
    I crash to a dark screen.. after i click end turn.. it goes all the way to the independents then dark screen

Love the MOD btw
    Uh oh, same thing here. I really want to get back to this cool Spanish campaign. And it's repeatable, I'd upload the save but don't know where.

-edit-
    Tried it a third time, this time by turning fow off when it was the rebels turn, no CTD. Whoever has this problem could try this as a temporary solution. Don't know if it's definite every time though, maybe I just got lucky.

Ookay, the teture bug is gone, I had quite less crashs, exellent.
    Then I have found a quite too high price for the persian short spears mercenaries, I haven't looked to others, but their possibilities compared to their price is quite too high.

Then, I have found that some units cost quite much for some defenses more: exemple: the axemen knights and the mercenary axeman have 400 or 500 price of difference, for only 4 armor more for the mercenaries.

Mercenaries should cost a bit more than normal soldiers, but not more than 100-200, or the'll lose intesrest.

Then, can you do something for the iman problem? They can't have a piety high as the priest and they seem harder to evolve.

Last, I have only did some battles, but with 2-3 succesives battles, my general doesn't get promoted, he stayed "amir".

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderland View Post
    Uh oh, same thing here.
    Tried it a third time, this time by turning fow off when it was the rebels turn, no CTD. Whoever has this problem could try this as a temporary solution. Don't know if it's definite every time though, maybe I just got lucky.

I have the same problem and toggled fow out and watched all AI movements. it took me 25minutes...
    during the rebellturn an heretic priest in tunisregion is the one which causes my unexpected error. Unfortunatly i can go on with my campaign. It crashes evry time there...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Finga View Post
    concerning the splash screens: theres no splash screen numbered with 2 or 3!

edit: seems that the dissappeard loadingscreen_2 and _3 were caused by the uninstalling or installing procedure of the addon, since i uninstalled the addon and then reinstalled it yesterday and since then these files were away. i now uninstalled tlr and installed it again and then installed the addon and now the loadingscreen_2 and _3 are where they are supposed to be - odd.
    Thanks, will fix. Small issue with the Addon installer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochlain View Post
    I seem to have some kinda bug where, if I'm attacked after I hit end turn, say if some random faction decides to attack me, it just auto-resolves. I had this problem in the previous version as well.

I'm wondering if it's just me, but.. It's reeeeeally annoying because I can't defend against sieges. I'm currently the target of jihads and if they lay siege to my city, I have to sally out before they build towers and rams or else it'll just auto-resolve. And we all know auto-resolve is -horrible-.

Is there some option somewhere, in some config file, that might've gotten toggled? Also, I -am- using hotseat mode, but I'm currently only controlling a single faction.

That can't be fixed. It's hardcoded by CA. If you don't want that to happen, play regular mode.

Quote Originally Posted by super-panda View Post
    Ookay, the teture bug is gone, I had quite less crashs, exellent.
    Then I have found a quite too high price for the persian short spears mercenaries, I haven't looked to others, but their possibilities compared to their price is quite too high.

Then, I have found that some units cost quite much for some defenses more: exemple: the axemen knights and the mercenary axeman have 400 or 500 price of difference, for only 4 armor more for the mercenaries.

Mercenaries should cost a bit more than normal soldiers, but not more than 100-200, or the'll lose intesrest.

Then, can you do something for the iman problem? They can't have a piety high as the priest and they seem harder to evolve.

Last, I have only did some battles, but with 2-3 succesives battles, my general doesn't get promoted, he stayed "amir".
    They are priced like that because, when I implement the AOR for factions, that's all that will be available until you get Government buildings built.

Seems there is a lack of enough imam traits.

You advance in military rank by winning hard battles. If you simply march in with a legion against a few peasants, you'll get nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexei78 View Post
    I have the same problem and toggled fow out and watched all AI movements. it took me 25minutes...
    during the rebellturn an heretic priest in tunisregion is the one which causes my unexpected error. Unfortunatly i can go on with my campaign. It crashes evry time there...
    Ahh yes, I've done that few times too. Takes a while to see who is doing it.

Did you notice what the heretic did? Did the heretic look strange in any way? Weird name or something?

i just wanted to say tha i played TLR 2.0 with byzantium, rum and portugal...no CTD's so far, after hours and hours of fun...no bugs, no nothing...
    p.s. i'm talking about the campaign, because i auto-calc every battle, due to my weak video card...

Campidoctor

Yep, it seems to be the heretic. To make the turns go faster you can do a couple of things. Since it's always during the rebel turn it crashes, wait until it gets closer to their turn then turn off fow. Also, pressing spacebar speeds up the moves so it'll be a lot shorter than 25 minutes!

I'm kind of surprised nobody has reported this yet. Makes me wonder if it's just me.

It seems like a lot of the mouse-over information isn't functioning. Specifically, any mouse-over on any 2D interface element, like unit or building cards, character attributes or retinue, etc., isn't working. However, mouse-overs
    on the 3D map view work just fine.

Oh, and I love the mod, BTW. As soon as I got M2TW, I went looking for the Total Realism mod. That seems to have stalled out, last I checked, but this mod has taken up the slack and provided everything I would have wanted from a TR mod. Thank you!

I'm downloading your new mod, but can i install french version with this ?

I had CTD with last version of your mod when i captured cities, you never answer for this trouble.

So i can play with my french version, or not ?

thanks

I checked the threads, and I didn't catch this bug yet, but if it's already been brought up, my apologies.

I'm playing the new faction, the Abassid Empire, (ugh, I probably spelled that wrong. Deepest apologies.) and I'm not getting any "general's speeches" at the beggining of any battle. Oddly enough, I got one, at the beggining of my campaign, during a Jihad, but after that, nothing. Just pauses at the beggining of each battle, and then random cheering.

Anyone else having this problem, or is it just my end? I made sure to have a nice clean 1.2 install from 1.0 vanilla, deleted the old registry files beforehand, and I'm running no other mods (why would you, once you've played TLR? )

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Just played a few more turns. Attacing some rebels that popped up. In one battle, my general actually said something, and the other, well, nothing again. Maybe a few "speech paths" are missing?
    Last edited by infernocanuck; June 01, 2007 at 04:37 AM. Reason: added info

Hey tornnight

First of all thank's for a great mod.

I have noticed a couple of minor bugs in ver. 2.0 regarding rebel/pirate spawn.

Pirates spawn in the lake near Yerevan and in the lake in northern scandinavia.
    Rebels spawn on the tiny island north of Rhodos.

There might be more of these places and if it is something that can be fixed I will post them here (that is if you want me to ).

My apologies if this have been mentioned before.

Keep up the great work

Regards
    Testimus