Thread: Senatus Populusque RTRforum thread!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Default Senatus Populusque RTRforum thread!

Okay senators (If any of you are there). Since we have received confirmation that the forums will be down for weeks, I have decided to start an update that I have been working on for a while. (Well, the fact I have been working on it for a while is probably the result of me only getting a few 15 minute intervals to put it together, but thats another story. )

Be on the lookout for an update on the Greek and Italian offensives this long weekend!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

To any of you who are not familiar with our AAR

The Senatus Populusque RTRforum is a popular AAR on the RTR home forums. It is an interactive AAR, begun by Fuzz (dunno if she has an account here), in which any participants role play a senator in the Roman senate. For example; My character's name is Lucius Aurelius Lepidus, and I am the current Senior Consul of the senate (see below for more info)

Besides senators, there are a few more posts to simulate the Roman senate system more realistically.

Consul: two Consuls are elected weekly, and act as the heads of the Roman state. The Candidate with the most votes will become the senior Consul, with the runner up becoming his Junior.

Junior Consuls conduct the Senate. They have the power of veto, and are the only ones who can start and stop motions. All motions must go through him.

The Senior Consul is in possession of the AAR's current save game, and is the one who acts on the orders from the senate. This means they will fight all the battles, conduct any offensives, build any structures ordered, etc. The senior Consul is permitted to conduct the senate in everything but calling votes if his character has a legitimate reason to be in Rome. Its all about roleplaying.

(still with me?)

Censor: There are two Censors in the senate, and they are in charge of financial updates. They are given a copy of the save game, from which they create their updates. They are only permitted to update financial matters. Censors are not elected, and are appointed to one week terms by the consuls.

Tribune of the Plebs: The tribune of the plebs is an elected positon that has a one week term. This is a pure roleplaying position, as these men have the power to veto any motion they feel is "unjust to the Plebs". Of course, it is not unheard of for senators to 'persuade' tribunes to veto bills unfavorable to them as well...

Well there you have it! Unfortunately, you will not know they whole story when and if we begin to congregate here at TWC, but I encourage you too join in anyway. All participants find it to be a very fun experience, and I know we would love to have more senators added to our ranks!

EDIT: If this is in the wrong section, please move it. Thanks!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Senatus Populusque RTRforum thread!

Okay its taken me a while, but I've got the first half almost ready. But, before I release it, I ask that if any of you senators are here please tell me. I have some more to do, but I'm not about to rush it if none of you are here...

I'm on otherwise known as Jacko/Jackny

Winter's Avatar Civitate

massive, huge, incredibly terrible news.

This is really bad so im just going to say it.

My main computer's harddrives are fried. Yeah.

Don't know how it happened, but other than me having to pay 3 thousand dollars for a new computer, that means that everything I had on RTW, imperator, and the senate are gone. including the precious savegame.

I really did not mean for this to happen, and I am incredibly ashamed that something like this happened on my watch. I bear the full onus of this, and I am willing to leave the senate if asked by so much as anyone.

Luckily, Fuzz has the original save still in her possession (I hope), so this does not have to be the end of the senate. It surely is the end of Lucius Aurelius Lepidus. At least for a while.

Again, I beg your forgiveness even though i do not deserve it.

sorry. Really reeaaalllllyyyyy sorry! REALLLYY REALLLY SORRRY.

Why don't you deserve forgiveness? It is not your fault at all.
    A proud RTR nomad! 4 downtimes and still following!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

im just ashamed that this happended on my watch. Usually I am very careful about backing up important files like this one, and I forgot to do this one.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Do the drives still spin?

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Roshak's Avatar Senator

You know with all this Hard Drive crashing going around I'm going to start backing up my files.

Arrogance is the Leading Cause of Defeat.

New to the Multiplayer or just Total War games? Check out Roshak's Guide