Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sister Sites Idea - the forums.

Default Re: Sister Sites Idea - the forums.

Due to the fact that for fillingl the objective of the commitee would mostly likely result in the site losing its gold affilate status it is hardly a good idea to persue it - the generally meaning of it is how can the comunity expand into other games - which is what a sister site would do.

I have spoken to imb39 and he is happy to see were the discussion of a Paradox sister site leads to - the eventual decision of the commitee even if it doesnt for fill the exact meaning of its mandate will still be considered carefully by Hex.
    Under the Patronage of Imb39
    Patron of julianus heraclius, TheFirstONeill, Boz and midnite

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen spy of the council

I have answered questions from elrond, yes. nothing is ruled out, though I do not think it is prudent to risk Gold Affiliate status. People at this site have worked hard for that and it reflects that this is the premier TW site. Expansion should not be at the rsik of that.

We currently have a subforum which has been as successful as it could have been, given the way it developed (expansion through word of mouth, essentially).

My worries over expansions into other sites are the technical issues, primarily. I look at how ON was run and I see similar pitfuls - a break up once it gets to a critical mass. We all hold down everyday jobs or attend schools/colleges/univerities, that needs to be factored into the equation too. As a side note, I have a spare licence for the bulletin software, not sure if that snippet of information is helpful, but there you go (I bought one for the crises but when the site was bought, it came with a licence).

Quote Originally Posted by imb39 View Post
    I have answered questions from elrond, yes. nothing is ruled out, though I do not think it is prudent to risk Gold Affiliate status. People at this site have worked hard for that and it reflects that this is the premier TW site. Expansion should not be at the rsik of that.

We currently have a subforum which has been as successful as it could have been, given the way it developed (expansion through word of mouth, essentially).

My worries over expansions into other sites are the technical issues, primarily. I look at how ON was run and I see similar pitfuls - a break up once it gets to a critical mass. We all hold down everyday jobs or attend schools/colleges/univerities, that needs to be factored into the equation too. As a side note, I have a spare licence for the bulletin software, not sure if that snippet of information is helpful, but there you go (I bought one for the crises but when the site was bought, it came with a licence).
    The main idea of a new site is to make sure that TWC doesnt lose its gold affilate status - extra forums at TWC would mean that TWC was no longer focused enough on the TW brand - a new site would be excepted at as a seperate site owned by the same person and linked through a joint database - therefore the affilate status wouldnt be risked and it would open the opertunity to the new site gaining affilate status from Paradox.
    Under the Patronage of Imb39
    Patron of julianus heraclius, TheFirstONeill, Boz and midnite

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen spy of the council

I understand the rationale behind it, but I also see problems.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123