Thread: CTD when clicking on Hungarian Family Member

Default CTD when clicking on Hungarian Family Member

Hello there!

First of all, many thanks for this awesome mod. It really adds a lot to the game and makes M2TW trully enjoyable.
    Now to the CTD I encountered:
    I'm playing Milan and everything (even clicking on heretics) works, apart from when I click on a Hungarian family member. I always get a CTD with an unspecified error in the log. This has not happened to be before I had 1E installed.
    I have the German 1.2 version of the game, installed all sound packages according to the instructions and use the newest LTC mod.
    Thank you for your time.

P.S.: I just encountered a second, similar bug: As soon as I click on a rebel army, the game crashes.

P.P.S.: I tried using the vanilla files and as it appears, the error is in "events.dat". As soon as I use the events.dat from Xenophonia, rebel commanders and hungarian faction members crash my game, as soon as I click them. I therefore think that the events.dat from Xenophonia somehow corrupts the soundlinks in the German version of the game. Also, when playing Hungary in a custom battle, the people don't say anything, another hint in this direction.
    Last edited by Vash_the_stampede; May 25, 2007 at 08:49 AM. Reason: file found
    Solum sum, eram, ero.

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Default Re: CTD when clicking on Hungarian Family Member

Again... we don't support using this mod with any version of the game other than the English one. Other Germans have reported this issue before, and I don't remember if we managed to solve it or not, but try doing what this guy describes on the top of "page 3 in the Version 1E has been released!" thread.
    Last edited by Beiss; May 25, 2007 at 08:55 AM.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Seems you have only two choices running this mod with a non english version:

a) When you don't use any of the big mods and don't use a mod switch at all, just put everything in the data folder.

b) When you're using a mod switch you need to copy everything into the mod-folder.

But as you cannot be sure what data needs to be put in the mod folder in order to work correctly (this could also apply for other data beside the sound) it's always the savest method to just copy everything in the data folder, even the great mods! That's what I do and it saves me a lot of trouble. And it avoids having double-data on your hard drive. Games getting bigger and bigger and having several games installed with 7GB+ my game partition is nearly full.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Quote Originally Posted by GODzilla View Post
    it's always the savest method to just copy everything in the data folder, even the great mods! That's what I do and it saves me a lot of trouble. And it avoids having double-data on your hard drive.
    Err, I don't follow. First you said to copy the whole data folder, then you said that it avoids having double data. That doesn't make sense, does it...?
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Quote Originally Posted by Beiss View Post
    Err, I don't follow. First you said to copy the whole data folder, then you said that it avoids having double data. That doesn't make sense, does it...?
    Hehe....bad reading.

I wrote "copy everything in the data folder" not "copy the data folder".

I mean that it's saver to keep every mod data in the data folder because you never know which file needs special treatment. For instance some files simply don't work when being put into a mymod folder.

But that information could be outdated, because I heard they changed it with the latest official patch. Now everything works out of a mymod folder...maybe.
    GODzilla(TM)

Oh, I thought you meant the opposite. Oh well.

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

A nice fellow over at the TLR forums may have found the clue.

He owns the French version of MTW2.

He unpacked his sound files and discovered that for example, there are no Scottish or Eastern European sounds in the pack. It appears that some versions don't have all the accents that the English version do.

So when we use the English descr_accents file, their packs look for sounds that don't exist and boom.

He simply changed his scottish faction to use english accents and it worked.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

Quote Originally Posted by tornnight View Post
    A nice fellow over at the TLR forums may have found the clue.

He owns the French version of MTW2.

He unpacked his sound files and discovered that for example, there are no Scottish or Eastern European sounds in the pack. It appears that some versions don't have all the accents that the English version do.

So when we use the English descr_accents file, their packs look for sounds that don't exist and boom.

He simply changed his scottish faction to use english accents and it worked.
    Looking at the downloadable files of Xenophonia I notice that there are two files taht say "english - for non english versions" and "scottish - for non english versions". Isn't this supposed to fix that bug, too?
    GODzilla(TM)

Yeah. I just assumed that everyone who didn't have the English version would download the Scottish soundpack. The thing is though, even when moving "Hungary" to an existing accent group (that is, away from east_european, which doesn't exist in the German version), you still get the CTD bug, apparently. The above solution should work, but it doesn't.

Leif der Wikinger's Avatar Foederatus

I´m playing with the german version too, getting a ctd when clicking at someone of the hungarian faction but also with turkish princesses. What a bummer ! Really like Xenophonia. Great work !
    ... wenn Walhalla dich ruft, mach dich bereit, im Land der Helden für die Ewigkeit ...

The reason you're getting CTD's with Turkish princesses is that Xenophonia has no support for them. There are no samples for them.