Thread: Quick Q on Lydian Units

Default Quick Q on Lydian Units

Hi guys, I've been playing your fantastic mod as Lydia, but I have a couple of questions about the units I can recruit.

First, how can I get Lydian Nobles? (I think that's the name, in any case the larger version of the general's bodyguards). They aren't listed under any of the buildings in the buildings roster.

Second, what are Qurbute and are they supposed to be there? They're listed under the units produced with the blacksmith, like chariots, but unlike chariots they aren't on the recruitment screen.

Finally, when I conquer enemy provinces, I get the option of building two different barrackses. I've read the coding preview and understand that some factions get a choice in barrackses they build, but in my case, the two choices are identical, and there's no way of telling if the unit choices diverge in later builds. Are there supposed to be two choices for Lydia? If so, how am I supposed to tell the difference?

Default Re: Quick Q on Lydian Units

There aren't supposed to be two choises for Lydia, actually. The way it should be is that in your homeland you build the one tree, and outside you build the other. I'll check this out asap..

Qurbute are Babylonian chariots. They're not supposed to be trainable by you - so why they are listed I don't know. Thanks for your sharp eyes

The Lydian Nobles shouldn't be recruitable, you can only get them as the general's bodyguard. Maybe they're listed in the custom battle screen as a separate unit - but we'll have to change it if that is the case.
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Quote Originally Posted by Nero666 View Post
    There aren't supposed to be two choises for Lydia, actually. The way it should be is that in your homeland you build the one tree, and outside you build the other. I'll check this out asap..
    It amounts to this, since both the choices are the same. In Greek provinces I can only get Greek units, plus a couple of Lydian ones, and in I think Sinope (the starting Lydian province on the south coast of the black sea) I can only get Thrakian stuff.

The Lydian Nobles shouldn't be recruitable, you can only get them as the general's bodyguard. Maybe they're listed in the custom battle screen as a separate unit - but we'll have to change it if that is the case.
    Yeah, they're listed as a separate unit in the custom battle screen, twice the unit size of the Lydian General.

They should be recruitable! Did I ever said something different? If so, it was a misunderstanding and I am sorry. Please make them recruitable.
    Ρέζου λογίου πελάτης (Client of the eloquent Rez)

Quote Originally Posted by FliegerAD View Post

They should be recruitable! Did I ever said something different? If so, it was a misunderstanding and I am sorry. Please make them recruitable.

Sweet! This should be possible with a text file change, right? I assume they should be recruited at the third level of barracks? (This would mean you get them at the same time as Lydian Archers).