Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Custom Campaign Mod 1.02 released

Default Re: Custom Campaign Mod 1.02 released

I installed the mod, and I later uninstalled the game and the mod. I reinstalled both, in the order medieval 2, 1.1 patch, 1.2 patch, mod. I started a campaign as the Byzantines, and there wasn't sound. I could here the music, but the characters didn't speak, and when I clicked on stuff and garrisoned a unit, there was no sound. Any idea what to do?

check your sound settings?
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaance the night away

Do you mean voice volume percent? I did that. And it didn't work. I tried uninstalling the mod and the game again and it was the same problem. I can play the normal game with sound, just not the mod.
    Last edited by sarcronis; August 28, 2007 at 06:37 PM.

@sarcronis:

To be sure what the problem is, I might need the following info:

- what langauge of m2tw do you have?
    - what version of m2tw is reported in the top right corner of the 'options' menu?
    - what version of the Custom Campaign Mod (CCM) is reported in the 'credits' menu when running the CCM?
    - what are the file sizes of the CCM sound packs (see below)?
    - did sound use to work correctly when you had the CCM installed the first time?

It sounds like a sound pack problem. The mod installer should automatically install the correct sound packs for your version of M2TW.

The sound packs for the mod are under "[m2tw path]\mods\custom_campaign\data\sounds\"

The file sizes for CCM 1.02 should be:

audio.dat (24 bytes)
    audio.idx (24 bytes)
    events.dat (8,824,566 bytes)
    events.idx (16,100 bytes)

There are two options you can try to get the CCM audio to work:

1) You can try copying the events.dat and events.idx from "[m2tw path]\data\sounds\" to "[m2tw path]\mods\custom_campaign\data\sounds\". This should hopefully get the sound working but you probably will not get campaign speech for the aztecs, mongols or timurids.

2) Uninstall m2tw and CCM again and make sure the m2tw install folder is COMPLETELY deleted before installing again (default location is usually "C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\".

I hope this information helps,

Unspoken Knight

I have the English version.
    The normal medieval 2 is 1.02.001
    CCM is version 1.02.000
    The audio .dat and .idx are the right sizes, but the events.dat is only 6,665,000 and the events.idx is only 15,700 bytes.
    The sound worked the first time.
    Also the advisor doesn't speak or make any sound.
    I will try copying the events files if you think that is the only thing I have left to do.
    I also have vista if it helps.

Unknown Knight, can I ask what the reasoning was behind the halving of unit upkeep? Was it just to allow larger armies all-round?

Quote Originally Posted by DrJambo View Post
    Unknown Knight, can I ask what the reasoning was behind the halving of unit upkeep? Was it just to allow larger armies all-round?
    I was also wondering that, it seems to only make the game easier for me, or does that enemy AI take advantage of that also.

Another question i asked earlier and was overlooked, is this mod easy to un-install or must i un-install the whole game??
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaance the night away

@skoalchawnker:

The AI does take advantage of the reduced unit upkeep to produce more and bigger armies.

The Custom Campaign Mod is easy to uninstall. Uninstalling the Custom Campaign Mod will not affect other mods, M2TW or M2TW: Kingdoms. To uninstall, either uninstall from 'add/remove programs' in control panel, or run the uninstaller directly from '[m2tw path]\mods\custom_campaign\unins000.exe'.

If you have played the Custom Campaign Mod after installation, the uninstaller will leave behind any preferences and save games. You should be able to get rid of these by manually deleting the 'custom_campaign' folder.

Unspoken Knight

edders's Avatar Senator

Hi unspoken knight - nice mod, are you considering porting it to Kingdoms?

A quick query - your special heir/leader models appear to be the unused campaign map models left over from a earlier stage of development (but a different colour?) - I used them myself (there's a thread in the skins/animations forum from waaaaaay back) but then discovered the battle map versions had not been left in the Medieval 2 files. I was thinking of asking CA if they could release these but Lusted pointed out they probably didn't exist anymore. So, are these models ONLY for the campaign map or do they have battle map versions?

Thanks

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

mod looks fun. will it alter kingdoms in any way if I install it or does it just alter M:TW2? I would like to enjoy this mod but not have it mess up Kingdoms.

Also, can you explain how the rebel game goes? Do all your troops spawn or can you build troops in your cities? Do you get income from the cities? If you lose all your cities are you still "in the game" as the spawned rebels all over the map?

Thanks!

What you suggested didn't work, could you please post all of the sound files for the mod here?

@edders:

The faction leader and heir models in the Custom Campaign Mod are only for the campaign map. I may release a future version for Kingdoms that has battle models.

@gord96:

The Custom Campaign Mod (and my other mod, the Retrofit Mod) install entirely into their own mod folder and do not affect either M2TW or M2TW: Kingdoms. New shortcuts are created to use the new mods, or you can still run the game unmodded. This is the best approach so as the mods do not interfere with other mods or create issues with patches and updates.

@sarcronis:

I don't think I will be able to post these sound files at present since I only have a dial-up connection at home. sorry. I am not sure if the audio issue may be the result of installing the game on Vista.

Unspoken Knight

edders's Avatar Senator

Thank you for answering my query. I'm looking at recreating the campaign map models as battle models, so if anything comes of that before your next release I'll let you know.

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it

thanks unspoken knight!!! appreciate the response.

can you give me any info on what playing as the rebels is like? thanks!

also. can i play this mod with the version that kingdoms upgrades my game to? (1.3 i think)

@gord96:

Personally, I think playing as the rebels is quite fun. You get to recruit a bit of everything, get new units and settlements from revolts and control heretics and witches to spread heresy (thus potentially increasing the chances of revolt). Everyone is out to get you early on and you don't have agents to help out. One problem with playing as the rebels is you cannot see what units your buildings can produce.

You can play this mod with Kingdoms (and M2TW version 1.03) even though the installer will provide version compatibility warnings. At the time the Custom Campaign Mod was developed, I didn't know what differences would exist in future versions of M2TW, hence the warnings. As it turns out, there should be no compatibility issues.

Unspoken Knight

thanks again for the reply. one more quick question. does it play like any other faction? like will i still control all the rebels on the map even if I don't have any settlements??

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gord96 View Post
    thanks again for the reply. one more quick question. does it play like any other faction? like will i still control all the rebels on the map even if I don't have any settlements??

thanks
    Yes

Unspoken Knight

Just a heads up to everyone. My lovely wife is currently 3 days overdue with our baby. This means that at any time I might have to leave the forums and may not be able to offer support for my mods for a few weeks. If I am able, I will try and pop in occasionally to discuss any major issues or questions.

Thankyou for your understanding,

Unspoken Knight

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast