Thread: Our Goals and Roadmap - Read First

Default Our Goals and Roadmap - Read First

Our Topic: A Curial Committee on the expansion of TWC into other games and game series to widen the membership and increase the intake of the site, as per Article 4, Section 2 of the Constitution.

The Curial Committee has a role in assessing the various options: the viability of the expansion as an absolute; the viability of expanding into the different game franchises; the viability of different methods of increasing participation in such discussions of them; and so on - effectively it is a policy talking shop.

The Roadmap:What we should be thinking of first is the initial idea. What games we should host or what initial change should we make to the concept of this site. We need to think of this first because what the site contains can go no further until we decide what it should be about. A plan that is flawed from the start cannot be successful.

If you want to start another discussion make sure its on topic with discussing the initial plan. Remember all options are viable until after we have discussed it, so please give any ideas you would like to see.

What should we discuss after we decide on the initial ideas on what this expansion should be all about? After the initial idea is decided on there are many things we could look at next.

- Who would this site attract and how we should deal with it? Different games have different kinds of fans and discussions about certain things within those communities that are taboo with one game isn't for another. Especially when clans are involved in competitive gaming.
    - The Design: What should the design of the site(s) be? What should it contain?
    - The Plan: What is our plan for attracting people to these sites? Its different depending on the type of game or the entire concept. We will need to find mods to attract as well if its a site where that is important.
    - Who?: Who should be running these separate areas and what should they be doing? Also who is going to create them? Will the TWCENTER webmaster do many sites for other games? Doubtful that would be an awful lot of work, we will need contributors.
    - Hardware: Do we have what we need to host all of this? Do we have the database software and the bandwidth? Anything associated with hardware is important. Different sites, like an mmorpg, may require an item, monster, quest, etc. database. Adding more content can have a huge effect especially when a possible large increase of members is to follow.

As far as the media we should use to discuss i'm personally fine with the forums. Though we could use other methods like chat if we need to I doubt anything more would be needed. If you feel differently please say so.

What else should we discuss?
    Last edited by Kanaric; May 24, 2007 at 10:24 PM.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Default Re: Our Goals and Roadmap - Read First

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane
    Fell over this whilst looking for something else the other day - something to keep in mind:
    Guidelines:
    We’re always keen to join in alliance with fan sites. Websites that are interested in participating, or those who would like to create a fan site can join our official Affiliates scheme. You’ll be required to agree to a couple of guidelines in order to join our mighty Empire:

The content found on these sites must concentrate solely on one or more of the Total War titles and speak about the Total War genre.

Sites must be updated at least once a week.
    To apply for either a Battalion or Regiment affiliate level you must conform to the criteria for each level as stated.
    The site cannot contain or link to content which violates or encourages violating the terms of use of any of the titles in the Total War catalogue.

In return, fan sites will receive regular updates and heads-up on news along with some additional surprises from time to time!
    that's from http://www.totalwar.com/ Affiliate Scheme section (I can't link to it because of their bloody URL masking)

doubt they'd get too annoyed about some minor expansion - but anything going too far on the same site name could bugger up TWC's gold status.

regards
    Mak.
    Thank Mak for the heads up, it is pertinent to at least a couple issues.
    Count no man happy until he is dead.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

I would like a clarification of the timeline, I see no mention of a deadline or timeframe in the Goals Statement.

I have a few ideas I would like to research, and need to clarify this in order to allocate my schedule.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

There was no deadline given to us just to come to a conclusion "fast but not in haste".
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.