Thread: removing winter

Default removing winter

I've been trying to get rid of winter battles since I started playing this game. Is there some way to set the climates individually so that they do not have a winter season?

There are probably other ways of doing it, if anyone knows how please tell me!

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

WImPyTjeH's Avatar Wimpy of the Sore Ass

Default Re: removing winter

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier View Post
    I've been trying to get rid of winter battles since I started playing this game. Is there some way to set the climates individually so that they do not have a winter season?

There are probably other ways of doing it, if anyone knows how please tell me!
    If you're only speaking about the strategy map, than you could probably just replace every winter texture with the summer one.

For the battle map, I have no idea

W

Yeah I'm only talking about the battle map. I've already rid it from the campaign map.

Retired moderator of TWC

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Ramtha didn't test that mod before releasing it. Since characters age on the winter turn, removing winter meant that in that mod, characters don't age at all.

Retired moderator of TWC

Ralendil's Avatar Semisalis

Ramtha didn't test that mod before releasing it. Since characters age on the winter turn, removing winter meant that in that mod, characters don't age at all.
    well, this is not what he said

Quote Originally Posted by ramtha
    No but I noticed the characters age the same way without winter, everything is the same except there's no winter.
    Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god.
    Jean Rostand

Current Mod for S2TW: Sengoku Unit Cards

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1227

look, you've been trying to get rid of winter since this game was out it sounds like.

My mod gets rid of winter altogether.

I've had some cases where characters don't age, and some where they do, after using it for a while.

It depends on what years per turn are at.

I'm not sure which one sets characters to still age, test it out.

If you really want to have no more winter that badly, and still have characters not age, isn't it worth it at all?
    Original Creator of Renaissance Total War (MTW2)
    Creator of Medieval Classic (MTW2)
    Maker of Instant Tech Mod (ETW)
    Maker of Infinite Money Campaign (ETW)
    Maker of Blockbuster Music Mod (ETW):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/5209733/...Music_Mod.html
    A Top Contributor of the Downloads Section
    Under the Patronage of Selenius4tsd

I'll test this out again, but certainly having characters age is more important than removing winter battles. Aging characters is like... the whole balance of the game. Think, the same pope the whole game long, never losing your merchants to old age, the same king the whole game long... etc etc.

But anyway, I will see how it works with LTC 2.3.

@Ralendil
    Yeah he said that when he released it, but a few days later in another thread where other people were saying it wasn't working, he said it didn't work.

Retired moderator of TWC

Ralendil's Avatar Semisalis

@Ralendil
    Yeah he said that when he released it, but a few days later in another thread where other people were saying it wasn't working, he said it didn't work.
    my bad

well, let's hope that CA corrects this problem one day...
    cause the age is not working correctly actually, as, I am sure, you know it
    Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god.
    Jean Rostand

Current Mod for S2TW: Sengoku Unit Cards

alright alright...I lied.

I'll explain...

(this is the only thing I've lied about, it's more like me denying the problem not so much lying)

When I released it I did not notice characters didn't age...and I played that way without winter battles and just never noticed characters stopped aging.

Some people theorized that characters wouldn't age in threads, so I just thought they were wrong.

Then someone said "I've tested it out and they do not age"

So I decided I would pay attention to the age of characters for multiple turns, and they did not age...so this was really really embarrasing for me, to have to admit that I was wrong after insisting to people that they do still age... I hope you guys can understand how I would feel about that.

So yes I admitted it in that thread to the guy that I was wrong...

then here I just made it up that it depends on years per turn, I just made it up cause I still have trouble admitting it...

so yes I'm wrong, and did lie in the above post, characters do not age in the mod.

Sorry for denying it.

But it still gets rid of winter...
    Original Creator of Renaissance Total War (MTW2)
    Creator of Medieval Classic (MTW2)
    Maker of Instant Tech Mod (ETW)
    Maker of Infinite Money Campaign (ETW)
    Maker of Blockbuster Music Mod (ETW):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/5209733/...Music_Mod.html
    A Top Contributor of the Downloads Section
    Under the Patronage of Selenius4tsd

Ok, the removing summer part works for me now(LTC 2.3, 1.5timescale), but characters don't age of course.

I wonder if its possible to set characters to age by using the script, or having it somehow do the console command, "season winter" right before ending turn.

Retired moderator of TWC

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

I think you have to edit climates, descr_climates has a winter attribute. A first try could be removing that.
    You could also check out the weather settings and daytypes to get rid of bad weather.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

I did try that. It removes winter on the campaign map, but there are still winter battles.

Retired moderator of TWC

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

What exactly do you define as winter battles? Try changing the weather sets, and the battlefield textures.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Winter battles, are basically battles that have snow on everything. It would be a lot of work (or possibly impossible) to remove winter battles by changing textures and stuff. The easiest way would be to remove winter.

Thats why I think a script that could switch to summer at the beginning of the turn, and then switch back to winter when you click end turn. There would still be winter battles I guess, when someone attacked you, but at least the attacks I make on my own turn would always be in summer.

Retired moderator of TWC

Indefinitely Banned

Any luck with this at all?