Thread: HELP

Default HELP

In trying to change a faction's accent, i removed the idx files from the sounds folder...and the game produced no sounds and ctd when i clicked on a unit. so i tried putting the idx files back in the folder, and the sound still doesnt work and the game ctd...

is there any way i can restore the idx files? currently, the sfx, voice1 through 3, and music idx files are all 1kb, and the events.idx is16kb...

i really dont want to have to uninstalled everything and reinstall it all...any help would be amazing.

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

Default Re: HELP

Quote Originally Posted by iron saga View Post
    In trying to change a faction's accent, i removed the idx files from the sounds folder...and the game produced no sounds and ctd when i clicked on a unit. so i tried putting the idx files back in the folder, and the sound still doesnt work and the game ctd...

is there any way i can restore the idx files? currently, the sfx, voice1 through 3, and music idx files are all 1kb, and the events.idx is16kb...

i really dont want to have to uninstalled everything and reinstall it all...any help would be amazing.
    ok make sure you do this correctly
    GO to the c:\Program Files \SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\sounds
    these are original files just copy all of them and paste it in c:\Program Files \SEGA\Medieval II Total War\Stainless_Steel\data\sounds
    All of them "remember" and overight them if it asks this is how i did and i hope 100% it will work for you

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

haha see thats the bad part...the missing/messed up idx files are from the main data folder, not the stainless steel one....

Quote Originally Posted by iron saga View Post
    haha see thats the bad part...the missing/messed up idx files are from the main data folder, not the stainless steel one....
    ok then here you go!!!
    all of idx files and i pray you didnt delete your .dat files man
    Last edited by Chola_Kingdom; September 22, 2007 at 08:08 PM.

Viscount In TWC

thanks...so i extracted them to the sounds folder, and they are the correct size...whenever i run the game, no sound though and when i exit out and check the folder again, all the idx files are back at 1kb...can you send the dats too? i didnt touch them, but theyre all at 1kb (except for events)...

sorry iron saga i cant help you now because those files are more than 2gb so you better be reinstall it

Viscount In TWC

yeah...i gave up. thanks though.

Hi Chola Kingdom,

just wanted to thank you for the help for iron saga!

Hi iron saga,

Just a note when you are modding anything:
    Do always backup the file you are going to change!

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008