Thread: 1.9 PE when?

Default 1.9 PE when?

When will RTR PE 1.9 coming out? And is it set on 4 turns per year, I really hope so. And has any progress come on the 66 67 BC BUG?

FMvonKleist

Default Re: 1.9 PE when?

The only person that knows the answer to that one(the when question) is Marcus. Experience showed me that it`s not good to make estimations. A lot of times they haven`t been kept. He is a guy with family and a job so it usually takes some time for a new version to appear, but from what I know he is close to complete it.

Regarding the 4tpy. I assume Marcus will update its mini mod for the next version of RTRPE, but I doubt it will get included in the main build. So far we`ve kept mini mods as optionals.

Hello peeps,

What's this? RTR: PE 1.9? Which executable will be used: RTW: 1.5 or BI's 1.6?

Why wasn't this mentioned openly somewhere here?

hellas1- Florin, sir, do you know more about this? thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by FMvonKleist View Post
    When will RTR PE 1.9 coming out? And is it set on 4 turns per year, I really hope so. And has any progress come on the 66 67 BC BUG?

FMvonKleist

Good name!

Ewald Von Kleist is one of my favorite German Field Marshals. I actually used that name years ago on a message board for the game "Hearts of Iron".

Quote Originally Posted by hellas1 View Post
    Hello peeps,

What's this? RTR: PE 1.9? Which executable will be used: RTW: 1.5 or BI's 1.6?

Why wasn't this mentioned openly somewhere here?

hellas1- Florin, sir, do you know more about this? thank you.
    I have set installer to create desktop shortcuts to run RTRPE v1.9 with either the RTW v1.5 game engine (desktop shortcut named "RTR Platinum") and with the BI v1.6 game engine (desktop shortcut named "RTR Platinum BI").

RTR Platinum v1.9 will not include my 4tpy mod, but a new version that is compatible with RTRPE v1.9 is already complete and will be released on the same day as RTRPE v1.9 is released, which by the way should be soon.

And, no, don't ask when exactly, but know it will be in less than 2 weeks but more than 24 hours.

All the previous optional add-ons have also been updated and will be available for download on the same day as RTRPE v1.9.
    Last edited by Marcus Camillus; June 05, 2007 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Spelling correction, oops!
    Marcus Camillus

Will it include your Roman Leadership mod? I downloaded a mod called Barebones the other day that had leadership for the other factions. Did you create this? And if so, will it be in the next version?
    Last edited by Darviathar; May 29, 2007 at 02:19 PM.

I created a Roman Leadership system in my 4tpy mod, that quite a few people have enjoyed and its made its way into several other mods. I believe Barebones Mod is one of the many mods that I have given permission to use my 4tpy and/or Roman Leadership system in, so its probably my system you are talking about. I try to encourage others to use my mod in theirs and adapt it to suit their particular mod.

With RTRPE v1.9 finished, I'll be getting back to my 4tpy mod and expanding my Leadership system to cover the other factions to some extent.
    Marcus Camillus

Hi Marcus,

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!

hellas1

I find it hard to play the other factions without the leadership mod! Very much looking forward to having the incentive I need to play someone other than Rome.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by hellas1 View Post
    Hi Marcus,

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!

hellas1
    My sentiments exactly!
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Camillus View Post
    I created a Roman Leadership system in my 4tpy mod, that quite a few people have enjoyed and its made its way into several other mods. I believe Barebones Mod is one of the many mods that I have given permission to use my 4tpy and/or Roman Leadership system in, so its probably my system you are talking about. I try to encourage others to use my mod in theirs and adapt it to suit their particular mod.

With RTRPE v1.9 finished, I'll be getting back to my 4tpy mod and expanding my Leadership system to cover the other factions to some extent.
    *gasp*

Wow, I didn't know you would be doing that for RTRPE, Marcus. Great news indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Camillus View Post
    I have set installer to create desktop shortcuts to rub RTRPE v1.9 with either the RTW v1.5 game engine (desktop shortcut named "RTR Platinum") and with the BI v1.6 game engine (desktop shortcut named "RTR Platinum BI").
    Great idea!

And, no, don't ask when exactly, but know it will be in less than 2 weeks but more than 24 hours.

All the previous optional add-ons have also been updated and will be available for download on the same day as RTRPE v1.9.
    Excellent news!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn Inuit View Post
    My sentiments exactly!
    Mine too!