Thread: ctd when syracuse is destroyed

Default ctd when syracuse is destroyed

i m experiencing a really annoying bug in my roman campaing.
    i v downloaded the 1.10 fix and installed it correctly.

everytime i conquer the last syracusan city it ctd.once it was agrigentum,another time syracuse and another catana.everytime i annihlate that faction it ctd...is it a known bug or it is a dscovery of mine?

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: ctd when syracuse is destroyed

Did you install the Hotfix and continue an existing campaign? I'm wondering if some of these CTD's aren't being caused by the fact there was a unit changed for the Greek factions (Greek_swordsman), and there may have been a small map change as well. Anyone experiencing CTD's with or against Greek factions may have to restart their campaigns.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

my greek camps fine I've had ziltch probs (so far anyway lol)

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Did you install the Hotfix and continue an existing campaign? I'm wondering if some of these CTD's aren't being caused by the fact there was a unit changed for the Greek factions (Greek_swordsman), and there may have been a small map change as well. Anyone experiencing CTD's with or against Greek factions may have to restart their campaigns.
    yes,i continued an existing campaign cause in the hotfix thread they said it was savagame compatible so i continued my campaign...damn!

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Well, I'm the one who said that...but, the thing is, I've played literally hours and hours on my campiagn and only got a CTD when I tried to destroy one of Carthage's ports before I abandoned the city to the $%#$ Free People.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

are you overclocking your pc in anyway? cpu / gfx?

i kept getting ctd's at one point when i had my gfx over clocked. i then noticed that i was getting artifacts in ati tool so ive decided to lower the over clock.

saying that ive not tried to play RS again since so it might be worth noting.

this never happened to me...but have you heard of other ctd when the greek factions are involved after installing the hotfix?