View Poll Results: Who will win the Champions League Final?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • AC Milan

14 48.28%
  • Liverpool

15 51.72%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: UEFA Champions League final: AC Milan-Liverpool

Default UEFA Champions League final: AC Milan-Liverpool

Who do you want/think will win it?

Something for the statistic nerds:

Since 2000, every second year the winner has been decided through penalties. 2 years ago Liverpool won over Milan after penalties. Will it happen again?

Milan got lucky with the referee. The German referee (his name escapes my mind) has been in 5 Milan matches of which Milan has won all (or was it 4?), while in the 3 Liverpool-games he's been in Liverpool hasn't scored a single goal and has taken only one point!

As I am a Juve-fan and as Hyypiä (who probably isn't going to play) plays in Liverpool, I go for Liverpool!!!

Oh and the main purpose of this thread is to beat down the UEFA CL Thread.

Default Re: UEFA Champions League final: AC Milan-Liverpool

Liverpool, i borrowed a shirt off my brother specially so they had better. that last final was classic with all the second half goals.

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Ac milan will win

William the Bastard's Avatar Invictus Maneo

Quote Originally Posted by Arakorn-eir View Post
    Oh and the main purpose of this thread is to beat down the UEFA CL Thread.
    Hey thats not necessary! Nah Milan are the favourites and are "on paper" the team that would win. They aren't going to be playing on paper though are they. Gerrard, the fans and the heritage of being jammy in finals will hold them up until penalties (again) keeping us all on the edge of our seats and spilling our pints.

Here is an off topic thing. I have never seen any mods come down to any footy threads. Does that mean we have a free reign to do what we like here? The highest member I have seen is Grimsta.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Yes that does have double meanings

Quote Originally Posted by Arakorn-eir View Post
    Milan got lucky with the referee. The German referee (his name escapes my mind) has been in 5 Milan matches of which Milan has won all (or was it 4?), while in the 3 Liverpool-games he's been in Liverpool hasn't scored a single goal and has taken only one point!

What is the point of this text? If you have something to say then say it, don't run around it.

Strongest always wins...

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

I will go watch the match in the stadium live tonight.
    I say Milan bu you never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Milan is definetly the winner

If Liverpool is so good,why did they lost against Galatasaray in this year??

Busy!!!

Rob_the_Celt's Avatar Rebel

It will be liverpool, Benitez wont give Milan a 3 goal head start this time. Milan are a 1 man team and without Kaka they are nothing. They might have beaten Man U but to be fair they are no great shakes anyway, they try to outscore the other team which is suicide against an Italian side with some pedigree. Liverpool will prob play a 5 man midfield and leave Gerrard roaming which is what he's good at. Don't rate him much as a center midfield player u need to play for 90 minutes but when he comes into a game he can change it on his own. But then again so can Kaka, but hes more of a striker than Gerrard.
    Liverpool have the better goalie and defence, Carragher is unbelievable and Agger compliments him well bringing the ball out of defence, Finnan is excellent all round too, his crosses are usually top notch while Riise is class too. What have Milan got? A bunch of O.A.Ps.
    They both have great midfielders, Gattuso against Mascherano should be interesting, Alonsos passing is the "long ball" game Milan talk of, but his precision with them is unbelievable, then again so is Pirlos. Liverpool would probably have the better strikers to choose from, they would do better to play Crouch as he can hold up posession while support arrives and would be better off crosses in the same way Celtic used Hesselink as a battering ram on Milan, but Kuyt will probably start and his finishing isnt the best. Theres no Shevchenko this time either, although he was a liability in the last game.
    Liverpool play with determination and the way they never give up will show,
    Milan were seriously rattled the last time Liverpool came back at them, and if it goes to penalties Liverpool have it without a shadow of a doubt. Dida is woeful on them, Reina is one of the best shot stoppers in the world and Liverpool practice them regularly in training!

Quote Originally Posted by Praxil View Post
    What is the point of this text? If you have something to say then say it, don't run around it.
    WHAT?!

Was just pointing out some interestint but completely unnecessary facts!

I support Liverpool. For private reasons which I won't specify. And maybe because I don't like Milan (from before playing M2TW, surprise!) .

Milan will crush the team from the city of whiners.

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_the_Celt View Post
    It will be liverpool, Benitez wont give Milan a 3 goal head start this time. Milan are a 1 man team and without Kaka they are nothing. They might have beaten Man U but to be fair they are no great shakes anyway, they try to outscore the other team which is suicide against an Italian side with some pedigree. Liverpool will prob play a 5 man midfield and leave Gerrard roaming which is what he's good at. Don't rate him much as a center midfield player u need to play for 90 minutes but when he comes into a game he can change it on his own. But then again so can Kaka, but hes more of a striker than Gerrard.
    Liverpool have the better goalie and defence, Carragher is unbelievable and Agger compliments him well bringing the ball out of defence, Finnan is excellent all round too, his crosses are usually top notch while Riise is class too. What have Milan got? A bunch of O.A.Ps.
    They both have great midfielders, Gattuso against Mascherano should be interesting, Alonsos passing is the "long ball" game Milan talk of, but his precision with them is unbelievable, then again so is Pirlos. Liverpool would probably have the better strikers to choose from, they would do better to play Crouch as he can hold up posession while support arrives and would be better off crosses in the same way Celtic used Hesselink as a battering ram on Milan, but Kuyt will probably start and his finishing isnt the best. Theres no Shevchenko this time either, although he was a liability in the last game.
    Liverpool play with determination and the way they never give up will show,
    Milan were seriously rattled the last time Liverpool came back at them, and if it goes to penalties Liverpool have it without a shadow of a doubt. Dida is woeful on them, Reina is one of the best shot stoppers in the world and Liverpool practice them regularly in training!
    i dont think so

Liverpool!

Plus you make alot of good points R.T.C

- Oh, and I'm Danish so; GO AGGER!!!!!

William the Bastard's Avatar Invictus Maneo

And You'll Never Walk Alone!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone!!!!!!!

What was shall be again!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_the_Celt View Post
    It will be liverpool, Benitez wont give Milan a 3 goal head start this time. Milan are a 1 man team and without Kaka they are nothing. They might have beaten Man U but to be fair they are no great shakes anyway, they try to outscore the other team which is suicide against an Italian side with some pedigree.

In this competition, no one man team have ever gone to the final.

They won't show the game on tv by me...stupid States.

Liverpool!

Duke_of_Bavaria's Avatar Vicarius

Go Liverpool! But I think Milan will win.. Liverpool will be pwned by those Genoese crossbowmen ;O.
    Last edited by Duke_of_Bavaria; May 23, 2007 at 02:08 PM.

Kustjägarsoldat, A-dyk #31 Nordenskiöld - KJ för alltid!

Quote Originally Posted by William the Bastard View Post
    And You'll Never Walk Alone!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone!!!!!!!

What was shall be again!

Just wanna say good luck to our scummy neighbours tonight and I know I will never hear the end of it I do hope they win. But please William the bastard no more pics of liverpool celebrating (only pictures of the fat red devil will upset me more) ,us toffees can't stand to see them happy ,even if they win I won't watch their lap of honour .
    Under the protection of jimkatalanos
    with further protection from
    Calvin R.I.P mate, Cúchulainn , Erebus26 , Paggers Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    and Future Filmmaker

Gooooooal! Cunning, cunning Inzaghi.
    divadsar on Steam

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm von Nassau View Post
    Gooooooal! Cunning, cunning Inzaghi.
    Him and robert pires have got to be the luckiest players in the whole world
    Under the protection of jimkatalanos