What to do when you see these posts

1. Brusilov
    Brusilov
    The best way to deal with such posts and threads is to report them. Let the moderators deal with it as that is what they are there for.
  2. René Artois
    René Artois
    Good advice, i tried arguing a couple of times, but they just shout the same argument over and over agian back at you
  3. Ter
    Ter
    If there is a point to the post answer it patiently and factually. If not, just leave it.
  4. PhallosMaximus
    PhallosMaximus
    I normally just ignore them, but when you for the xx-time read the same stupid whining over some little detail, that are not to their liking and therefore "The whole game is broken", I can get really pissed.

This game is the biggest and most complicated PC-game on the market with over a MILLION codelines (1.000.000!) in the core engine!
    Such a huge program will need some patching after release, that is just the nature of the beast. If you can't live with that, you should play something else.

I choose to get amazed by what CA has been able to do, (I mean look at the ships,- small works of art!) and be pleasently surprised by all the upgrades and improvements of gameplay.
  5. Obadiah Hakeswill
    Obadiah Hakeswill
    I ignore them: fights over that are like YouTube fights: futile and hilarious to onlookers. CA made a great game and just because a NEW engine couldn't be completely perfect, these people waste time and good threads.
  6. Dynamo11
    Dynamo11
    Kudos to all here
  7. René Artois
    René Artois
    I had to ask a moderator to close a thread today. it changed from a joke thread about changing the name of N: TW to "everyone bash Empire a bit then compare it to a picture of a turd". It's rather depressing.
  8. Brusilov
    Brusilov
    Yes, it's worth trying to have a discussion about the problems with ETW. However, if you post anything positive about the game quite often you are immediately branded a 'fan boy' - which to me implies someone who can't see the faults in the game.

I think most posters simply can't see the positive things in this game.

If members are submitting trash posts it's best to let the moderators sort things out rather than get into a flame war with someone - it's really way too easy to do sometimes and it probably lets the poster "get their jollies off".......
  9. Obadiah Hakeswill
    Obadiah Hakeswill
    I agree with Brusilov. I can see there are many problems with the game, but none are major enough for me to care.
  10. plissken3
    plissken3
    Hello gents

I would just like to say that Empire has done nothing (in my eyes) that bad, ok the game was a bit sketchy on release & patches could have been released a bit sooner but overall I love this game & all other total wars & I continually look forward to all other releases of the total war franchise
  11. Capt. Fozdike
    Capt. Fozdike
    I usually say something sarcastic about their posts. Sometimes I'll have a go of arguing
  12. Dead Sun
    Dead Sun
    TBH, ETW was always going to be a very experimental game, cuz the last four total wars have been entirely hand-to-hand combat with very little dependence on missile units. So when i see people complaining that Empire battles are much weirder due t the "stand and fire" aspect, i like to remind them with a simple saying

"Heck, you bought the game. You were probably one of the ones who was itching with excitement the day you had it ready to install."
  13. Neoton
    Neoton
    I don't even think that E:TW is a bad game.
  14. Lord Horatius
    Lord Horatius
    Some people just can't be satisfied. As for me, I hungrily lapped up every detail of Empire's development, and nearly died of ecstacy when I finally istalled it. At long last had the 1700's been given a proper video game treatment.
  15. Lord Uxbridge
    Lord Uxbridge
    I think it was an alright game but could of been so much more. Which was a shame, people just hate it because it added steam which added DLC which meant modding tools had to be limited to avoid people producing mods that are the same as the DLC but are free.

I prefer melee fighting in Europe more though but it was still good.
  16. Pinkie Pie
    Pinkie Pie
    How can you hate Empire? Sure it has its flaws but I believe the good points outweigh the bad, diplomacy is a lot better (if not perfect) you get sea battles, you have a much larger map, you get sea battles!, you now have smaller towns on the campaign map to defend, YOU HAVE SEA BATTLES!!

obviously getting used to the range combat was difficult, the first battle I played I put cannons behind my line infantry, boy was that a bad thing to do

My only real issue with it is that you do not get true city battles like on older versions, I just hate defending cities in this because it is always a small 200ft square with around 4 buildings in. I would have really loved for them to expand upon the M2TW defences with muiltiple levels, seperate sections within each level and the possibility to put up barricades. Added together it would have made every siege battle a true butcher as you try and push the defender slowly back towards the centre of the city.
  17. BrotherSurplice
    BrotherSurplice
    One thing that really narks me is people complaining about the combat system (muskets and cannons). They KNEW that the game was going to be set in the 18th century, but it's like some people still thought that it'd be swords and knights all over again.