Character Rules?

1. Dirty Chai
    Dirty Chai
    I wonder if doing something closer to Game of Thrones with character rules would be better than using GSTK's one-character rule.

Here's a couple ideas:
    - We can start off with a few rolled players starting off as landed, with accurate Norman titles, like Ber and Visquens, etc, while the rest of the playerbase must start as freemen/landless knights like in GSTK.
    - We can all just be nobles from the start if we want, with whole families like GoT
  2. Gandalfus
    Gandalfus
    A few nobles, with everyone else starting off as knights
  3. Dirty Chai
    Dirty Chai
    I think it would just be freemen rather than knight, as the caste system wasn't as strict back then.
    Landless knights would usually be due to gavelkind laws, which is actually why the 12 sons of Tancred d'Hauteville left for greener pastures.
    His small estate was only enough for one. It's still a mystery today as to how he ever paid for the equipping and training of all his sons.
    So, if landless, especially at the start of the game, you're probably just a freeman.

Either way, I think we should hybrid the rules and allow players to play families, noble or not.
  4. Adamat
    Adamat
    Yeah, probably best to play families instead of just one character. Gives more freedom to RP.