Philosophers

1. Armatus
    Armatus
    Hmmm... perhaps you were under the influence of something at the time of viewing and the effect wore off once you had finished the movie? but I've never seen the movie myself what's it about?
  2. Ulyaoth
    Ulyaoth
    It's about an IRS agent who starts hearing the voice of a British author who is unkowingly writing a book about him, planning on killing him at the end.
  3. Armatus
    Armatus
    meh... I think I saw the previews of this at the theater.
  4. Nakharar
    Nakharar
    Lover of Wisdom i am always want to know more and more and more and ofcourse why...

the reason i am not the greatest philosopher in the World now lol is because i cant be bovered to do my homework
  5. Armatus
    Armatus
    The only real homework necessary is to take time out to think. After all before there were books there were still thoughts right?
  6. Armatus
    Armatus
    Two questions for you all (as you would understand it)

1. Does the sword hold more power to take life or preserve it?

2. Is this a valid question?
  7. Galerius Priscus
    Galerius Priscus
    I think that the only way to preserve the lives of some people, you have to take the lives of others.
    That is the way in war, at least this is my opinion about this.
  8. Armatus
    Armatus
    So we preserve the sword in order to preserve life. It is a shame our brothers force us into keeping the sword. How about nukes? Do nukes have more power to destroy life or preserve it?
  9. Galerius Priscus
    Galerius Priscus
    Bombs are of a whole different thing, Armatus. You cannot compare the destructive power of one bomb with the power of a thousand swords... And with those bombs, even after the explosion did its harm, it remains
    dangerous, with its radioactivity making life their virtually impossible...

So, I think that bombs' only purpose and use is to utterly destroy, not preserve life.
  10. Armatus
    Armatus
    Galerius my dear friend, I think we would do well to send you to speak with our heads of state.