Iran

1. Bregil
    Bregil
    It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone following the news but it's very obvious that there will be war between Israel and Iran in the very near future (probably within 2 months.) With that in mind, I think it's appropriate to ask all members of faith to pray for the people of both Israel and Iran as millions are going to be caught in the middle of this coming storm. This thread is not to discuss who's right and who's wrong but to acknowledge the innocents of both sides who will be suffering as a result.
  2. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
    Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
    If Iran Nukes Israel, then Israel is going to spend a large portion of thier nuclear Arsenal on Iran...
  3. Bregil
    Bregil
    Exactly, and potentially millions will be caught in the middle which was my point.

Obviously Israel is going to do attempt a pre-emptive strike to delay (or destroy) the Iranian program. One has only to look at Iraq and Syria for precedent for that. In a purely conventional war stemming from such an attack, Iran will certainly respond with long range missiles as well as massive amounts of rockets from Hamas and Hezbollah. Israel has one of the best missile defense networks in the world but some rockets and missiles will still get through. Though I have every confidence that Israel will come through this intact as a nation, I know that casualties will be high on both sides.

The most important thing we have to remember about Iran is that deterrents have little effect on the people in charge. Ahmedinejad publicly prays to the 12th Imam (a being that some Muslims look to as a messianic figure) and has alluded to his belief that the Mahdi (12th Imam) will return once Israel has been wiped out. If he thinks that he can usher in an Islamic paradise by taking out Israel, will he really be concerned about what the Israelis might be able to do to him in return? At worst (in his might) he'll die as a martyr for Jihad and go straight to paradise. While it is true that Ayatollah Khamenei holds the ultimate power in Iran, the fact that he has not replaced Ahmedinejad or countered these statements (which were punishable by death under Khomeini's regime) implies that he at least tacitly agrees with this position himself.
  4. John ''True Grit'' Wayne
    Israel needs the US to help them to stop Iran.
  5. Bregil
    Bregil
    It's pretty clear that the current administration has no interest in backing up Israel and every interest in stopping them. I think their worst nightmare is an Israeli strike on Iran and the Iranians retaliating against U.S. forces before the election.......
  6. Pyrrhus the Molossian
    Pyrrhus the Molossian
    Romney needs to be elected. Obama is pro Arab and wants a Palestinian state and won't back up Israel. Supposedly they don't to Israel controlling policy.
  7. John ''True Grit'' Wayne
    I think Obama may support Israel in the future when he realizes Iran will not stop due to sanctions.Pakistan and Iran are the worlds enemy's not just Israel imo
  8. Bregil
    Bregil
    Maybe, I don't think he'll do anything until after the election though.

Now there's the possibility that Israel may intervene in Syria to keep Assad's Chemical and Biological weapons out of Hezbollah's hands. Considering the number of Iranian police and military in Syria supporting the regime, I could see Iran using that as a pretext against Israel.
  9. issler
    issler
    http://www.debka.com/
    Somewhat sensationalist but nice intelligence website.
  10. John ''True Grit'' Wayne
    I want to see the Israeli Empire of Greater Israel happen so a war with Iran must happen.