What to do with your country's military?

1. Treize
    Treize
    Post here anything from reforms to purchases or a complete list!

I'll post later.
  2. kommander
    kommander
    I reckon what I would like to see is what most Marines want. Bigger guns, faster planes, and maybe throw in a decent foreign policy that avoids handing out wads of cash to the people we will be fighting on the morrow. Am I reading the nature of this forum correctly?
  3. Treize
    Treize
    Sure.
  4. Finlander
    Finlander
    Well, hard to say... But I think that Finland would want some new fighter plane.
  5. boche
    boche
    a decent defense minister who isnt a woman and does not think soldiers do the work of evil by entering combat please!
    ¡
  6. Treize
    Treize
    Finland will need to replace it's Hornets in the near future, yes.

@Boche
    Now that's an idea!
  7. Finlander
    Finlander
    Finland needs good boots for soldiers.
    Someday we will march to Ural
  8. Spartan198
    Spartan198
    1. Replace the 5.56x45mm direct gas uppers on our M4s and M16s with 6.8x43mm gas piston uppers. It's cheaper than an entire new weapon while at the same time giving better manstopping ability and reducing retraining. NATO-standard.

2. Stay away from over-priced junk like the XM8 carbine.

3. Replace the Beretta M9 with a new standard high-capacity .45 caliber pistol such as the Springfield XD-45. Seriously... 9mm sucks.

4. Stop wasting money on useless crap (*cough* M320 *cough*) that does the exact same job, no better or no worse, as its predecessor.

This is by no means a complete list.

Edit: Oh, and I totally agree Finland should get new boots.
  9. Finlander
    Finlander
    and I totally agree Finland should get new boots.
  10. Agamemnon
    Agamemnon
    Go into Iraq and take the ****ers over! We should have a 51st state by now, guys! Or, just nuke the whole middle east and turn the whole place into an oil-producing wasteland (it already is a wasteland)!
  11. Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!
    Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!
    Give the British army proper non-combat uniforms, declare war on The Iranians, and give their Queen her country back, and then Take back Basra.

Get a better Rifle rather than that silly SA80A2 one that has the clip in the right place, and has more wood panels, which will be replaced by metal ones during combat, and better Body armor.

Oh and bugger off home from Afghanistan we're only there to please Jolly Old Joe, oh and play more cricket!
  12. Norwegian_viking
    Norwegian_viking
    Make the Norwegian army bigger both the Home guard and the proffessinal army. And stop the cuts for the spesial HV groups. (Home guard, kind of an milita army)
    Oh yeah, and make conscritpton for women too. They also need to learn to fight .
  13. Whukid
    Whukid
    roll out the M1A3 and the F135/F22 so we can show these European geniuses what its all about
  14. Okmin
    Okmin
    Don't cut DoD. Period. We were barely effective in Afghanistan, even with all the troop surges and sending in the National Guard. You know something's wrong when you're sending your home defense force to the other side of the world.
  15. Whukid
    Whukid
    The National Guard has been active in every combat theatre since the Revolutionary war on purpose. If they're going to defend our homeland, they need to know what the hell's going on..
  16. General Brewster
    General Brewster
    The Netherlands Defence should not fire 10.000 people but hire about 30.000 extra. also our Tanks must stay! and the panzer inf should get proper panzer cars in stead of broken one's.

Also we need new pants cause our fabric isn't there any more we need new boots cause that factory doesn't exist anymore to.
    Would like a M4 more then a Demaco C8 for the special forces. Or a H&K .

And more then one C-130, also we could use something better then the F-16's that are mostly broken to.
  17. BrotherSurplice
    BrotherSurplice
    Its too late too say this, but its a really ing bad idea to get rid of all your aircraft carriers. We won't have planes for our next aircraft carriers till 2020!
  18. agunter999
    agunter999
    My country just needs its money back
    Cameron
    Hey are talking about Britain because we have no aircraft carriers till 2020

Announcement to the world come and invade we won't stop you
    Couldn't if we tried