The Anti-Military Cuts Group.

1. Carach
    Carach
    and then there were 2
  2. Treize
    Treize
    Yes...

Well, what do you think your MoD should do with the current budget and what not?
  3. Sven788
    Sven788
    Yay I am a member now.
  4. Ratbag
    Ratbag
    Do you mean military COUPS? As in overthrowing the government?
  5. Treize
    Treize
    EDIT: Now with improved grammar and spelling!

Cuts...

*Bezuinigen op het defensie budget.*

As for Belgium that's very important because they have replaced all there tanks with 8*8 APC's with a miniscule 90mm gun, only because it is made in Belgium, they should have bought atleast a 105mm with very very good rounds just to make a chance against enemy armour.

And replacing 4 ships with 2 is not very wise either...

My own country operates the leopard 2A6 MBT, which is exceptional but a convoy is heading to Portugal as we speak, they just are selling like 30 every year and now we have only 56 left with the reserves heading to Portugal!

And 56 tanks to equip 2 brigades!!!
    I really really hope they have not counted the training models in those 56...

It is enough for one brigade, IMO we should buy 60 of the CV90120-T to replace the Tank for one brigade, the other will recieve all Leo's.
    The same thing for the PhZ (we have 24) all must go to the brigade with the Leo's and the other one must recieve 24 new M777 guns.

This is my cheapest solution, in my better and more expensive plan the heavy brigade recieves 24 of the HIMARS system and the light ones recieves 24 CV90's with the AMOS mortar.

And we had a class of 8 frigates, we sold 2 to Belgium, 2 to portugal and 2 to Chilli.
    And what do we replace the karel Doorman class with???
    4 unarmed OPV's, but with sophisticated stealth design!
    Why would you need that on a unarmed bathtube?
    Only to help out your mates at the shipyards

Judge for yourself, replace 6 of those http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karel_D..._class_frigate
    with 4 of these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_...patrol_vessels...
    I myself propose to sell the remaing two and replace all with 4 ships bases on the SIGMA class with custo weapons...

And they should buy 65 gripens and 20 UCAV's will save us like 2 billion over 85 F-35 moneytraps.
    The saved money will be used to buy atleast 8 MPA's and like 4 AEW aircraft om the same platform.
    I suggest the Embraer EMB145 in the MPA version and the version with the Erieye radar.

Calm down now...
  6. Ratbag
    Ratbag
    Ah my bad.
  7. Yorkshireman
    Yorkshireman
    Don't worry, I should think coups are welcome here, as we're obviously the resident TWC militarist/warmongers.
  8. Treize
    Treize
    So now he left, OMG he wants no military.
  9. Yorkshireman
    Yorkshireman
    Bloody hippies!
  10. Treize
    Treize
    Tada!

11. Carach
    Carach
    my issues with government is mostly about the navy. an island state with more than the average amount of commitments across the world...being reduced to a brown water force of half a dozen patrol boats and some completely unprotected troop ships (they went down well in the falklands!) is absurd. Our navy has always been the backbone, its seen us through countless victorious wars as our backbone, and it should remain as long as we are an island that relies on 90% of trade from overseas.
  12. Treize
    Treize
    Atleast you get 6 patrol boats...

We went from 4 'destroyers' (called frigates for PC reasons, LOL), 8 frigates and 4 subs to 4 destroyers (or how the darling could have been if the british were more wise and sticked to the initial project) 2 frigates (the old ones fom 1993) and in the future 4 unarmed OPV's that are a waste of money and they also sold all MPA's.

IMO they should sell that last two frigates and replace them with 4 SIGMA design frigates with 2*8 mk.41 VLS cell's, like 4 Harpoons, a 76mm, torpedoes, a goalkeeper CIWS and the basic stuff.
    Both must use 4 cell's for 16 ESSM's and the rest depnding on the mission (SM-2 or VLS launched ASROC.)

Then to replace the rest buy 4 FAC's much like the Finnish Hamina class and station two in the caraibean.
    (76mm but maybe that's too heavy, 4 RBS15 and some light SAM's, maybe like the finnish model the south african umkhoto(?)-IR missle.)

Oh and the subs, I am afraid they don't want to buy a replacement in the medium-near future.

And they should buy new MPA's (for the airforce) 8 will do and I suggest the cheap Embraer P-99.
    Two squadrons of 4 and 1 squadron with 4 AEW planes on the same platform (with Erieye radar).

Wamongering me...
  13. kommander
    kommander
    hmmm, after reading this, it seems that everyone here is from across the pond.
  14. HMonk
    HMonk
    If we let the cuts go on we will fall as a super power, and I think that's what they want.
  15. Finlander
    Finlander
    Hi! I joined to this group
  16. Treize
    Treize
    Welcome.
  17. InvaderJim
    InvaderJim
    I know this is kind of late, but the U.S. Air Force is replacing 50 F-16/22's for one F-35 engine.
  18. Agamemnon
    Agamemnon
    FU HIPPIES!