Ancient History and World Mythology

1. Ulyaoth
    Ulyaoth
    I really wish they would restore some of the old buildings and arts and such. I doubt the ancients would be offended if they went and got some new stones and put stonehenge back together again. So long as it's done how they did it and the stones dragged by hand from the quarry to the site.
  2. Galerius Priscus
    Galerius Priscus
    Yes, like they're actually building a castle in France from the ground up, the way they used to do it in the Middle Ages They've been working for years now, takes hell of a lot of time
  3. Armatus
    Armatus
    @Galerius, thanks friend glad to see I'm not alone on that thought.

@Ulyaoth, the only issue with restoring old monuments themselves is that we may loose knowledge of very thing we are restoring once it is repaired or altered. Now if you can do it in a separate place from scratch that would be acceptable.
  4. IEROS LOXOS
    IEROS LOXOS
    My friends sallutation fromAthens
  5. Ulyaoth
    Ulyaoth
    That's cool. I've always wondered how cool it must be to live in a place with such great history. Here in NY there's not really much history, just a few landmarks only 100 years old too. There is stuff up in New England and such but I haven't been up there in a while, for all I know the whole place has been commercialized and ruined.
  6. Galerius Priscus
    Galerius Priscus
    That's the biggest problem with all the historical landmarks and places, they commercialize it to hell, it's such a shame that capitalism can ruin everything...
  7. Darth Ravenous
    Darth Ravenous
    Yeah I had the luck of going to a place where there was nothing.
  8. Galerius Priscus
    Galerius Priscus
    Yeah, but there so little places left like that, left uncorrupted by the destroying hand of modern mankind.
  9. Armatus
    Armatus
    Has anyone heard about this? I was kinda wondering what happened here.

Developers in north determined to bulldoze Bronze Age site for villas
    http://www.cyprus-mail.com/news/main...14818&cat_id=1
  10. Armatus
    Armatus
    How about this?

Major Breakthrough in Classical Studies - 2005
    http://dithyramb.blogs.com/my_weblog/science/