I dont have pictures... but if it helps heres a list

Pyramids at Giza
    Hanging Gardens of Babylon
    Statue of Zeus at Olympia
    Temple of Artemis
    Mausoleum at Halicanassus
    Colosseus of Rhodes
    Lighthouse of Alexandria

If it helps you can also go to the wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_W..._Ancient_World Although there are far better sources... this is a decent one stop shop
  4. Armatus
    Armatus
    That's the classical list. Do any of you consider meso-America or the far east?
  5. Roman_Wolf
    Roman_Wolf
    hi guys.
    I think that Pyramids of Giza are my favorite. Well they're basically masterpieces with extra mystery related to them.
  6. Armatus
    Armatus
    Mystery is good, but I'm torn considering the mystery of how some must have looked such as the hanging gardens or the colossus of rhodes.
  7. Galerius Priscus
    Galerius Priscus
    Good day everyone, lovers of mythology and history!

I am afraid the world will never know, it's a shame that all these buildings of great civilisations dissapear, by the hand of men or time...

I have read recently that they are planning a new Colossus of Rhodos on the island, on the place where they think he once stood. Wouldn't that be the sign of recovery? I hope they do this with the other ones as well, especially Pharos.
  8. Phalanx300
    Phalanx300
    I sure hope so.

Actually, I hope they will remake all ancient wonders, and other wonders and buildings (like city walls, here in Amersfoort we still have quite some sections of it so restoring it would be great).
  9. Armatus
    Armatus
    I heard about that Galerius, that would be interesting. My feeling is that we should tread lightly in general now-a-days, there's no real respect for land and history here in the US as there is in Europe (outside of US revolutionary history) we have Indian sites that are not given a whole lot of thought or recognition. America is like the world's sandbox everyone comes here to have their own slice of the "pie" corporations buy up all the land and sell it back to the people. Then the government takes it over and builds highways, all this saddens me greatly, to think of the great discoveries we are losing and will never know because of our expansionist ideals.

<End rant.>
  10. Galerius Priscus
    Galerius Priscus
    @Armatus: It's not a rant, my friend. You're absolutely right.
    @Phalanx: Yes, there are so many wonderful buildings and structures lost during the ages...