View RSS Feed

The Official (and Unofficial) Writer's Study Blog

MCWC XII Winners!

Rate this Entry
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5378/mcwc.png

MCWC XII!
Congratulations to the winners!
After a couple of months languishing with not enough submissions to trigger a vote, MCWC XII finally got to a vote two weeks ago and at last I am here to present the winners.

Napoleon is fighting wars on all sides as a coalition of enemies tries to prevent French hegemony over Europe. In the heart of France, Paris, a young man, once the heir of the fortune of a wealthy lord, rots away after throwing away a lot of what he has ever had. In FIRST PLACE, Dans l’ombre de l’aigle by isa0005 tells the story of Alexandre de la Roche, a witty, smart and daring young man who, through a series of rather poor decisions, lands himself living amongst the bottom of post-Revolution French society. Hope shows itself in the form of one of Napoleon’s spymasters. He has a chance to escape but will this new life be better? A worthy winner of this MCWC, if I do so say myself.

As Attila and his hungry horde ravages Eastern Europe displacing other tribes and nations, the borders of the Eastern Roman Empire are in danger to say the least. Chelcal’s South of the Danube takes SECOND PLACE with its tale of tension on the ERE’s border, as tribe politics and Roman interference threatens the uneasy temporary piece. Now completed, this story was gripping from the get go and it is good to see it recognised. I loved the set of characters that the author created and the writing was absolutely superb.

Sailing into THIRD PLACE (I think I’ve used that pun before. Oh well!), is Lortano’s The Skymaster's Shadow. I was quite saddened by the announcement that Stormy Skies would be put on hold but when we were given this gem, a prequel of sorts being set a couple of decades earlier, my sadness vanished. Retaining the three brothers from the first story, The Skymaster’s Shadow concerns the event’s that created the world that Stormy Skies takes place in. With witty and hilarious dialogue, amazing characters and wonderful writing it is no wonder Lortano achieves another podium finish.

The submission thread can be found here, a bit tired after waiting so long to get to a vote and the vote thread, amazed that it exists after such a long time waiting for submissions, is quite excited and only just contained over here.

Updated November 21, 2015 at 06:13 AM by Merchant of Venice

Categories
Life on TWC , Creative Writing

Comments

Congrats to the winners. :)

Hopefully the next competition will come around soon and beat the MAARC in number of submissions. :P