View RSS Feed

Tall an' handsome

Turtles and Politicians

Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average.
A couple of days ago I was sitting at the bar with my friend Andreas, catching up on recent events (he is a long distance trucker and has some riveting stories to tell) and inevitably ended up discussing the recent elections and the abilities (and lack thereof) of the elected politicians.

Apparently the guy sitting next to us had been following our conversation because he suddenly uttered: “Turtles, that’s what they are!”
The annoyance at being rudely interrupted in our world review was overcome by the curiosity of finding out what species of politician this might be and the man obliged:

"Well, as I see it, most politicians are post turtles".
Prodded whether the term 'post' indicated 'gone' or 'dead' the man continued:

"When I am driving down the country road to my farm I sometimes come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a post turtle."
By now the look on our faces would have surely received a good numbers of ‘Likes’ and 'LOLs' if someone had the presence of mind to take a photograph. Encouraged by our expression the farmer went on:

I know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, he's elevated beyond his ability to function, and you just wonder what kind of dumb arse put him up there to begin with."

Updated May 18, 2015 at 06:23 AM by Gigantus (Font is too big)

Categories
Life on TWC

Comments

Reminds me of Peter's Principal: The theory that employees within an organization will advance to their highest level of competence and then be promoted to and remain at a level at which they are incompetent.