Downloads: DarthMod Empire v8.0 (updated the link 18/9/2012)

DarthMod Empire v8.0 (updated the link 18/9/2012)

Uploaded by DARTH VADER - March 24, 2009
Author Author DARTH VADER
File Size File Size 2.81 GB
Downloads Downloads 351,925
+ Download

This is one of the best mods for Empire: Total War as reviewed by thousands of fans.

It improves greatly the Gameplay & AI

while it includes
hundreds of new units,
dozens of graphics & sound mods
and many selectable gameplay features.

Witness now... Empire: Total War
as the game it should have been... from the beginning.

For more information visit this LINK.

Images

• DarthMod Empire v8.0 (updated  the link 18/9/2012)

Comments

The Kurgan
April 07, 2009 at 04:33 PM
Just spent an hour using WInRar to unpack Darth Mod 0,85.

I am unsure if I have done it correctly - however each time I load the game and click on single player battle and check the musket range, it is still 70 and not 110. Hmm so I think I have not unpacked correctly.
When I download the mod, WinRar gives the option to EXTRACT either the Darth Mod folder or the sub folders, one for scripts and one for steam. But although I unpack the script mod in the appdata/roaming/creative assembly/empire/scripts ... however I cannot locate the steam file.

I have full view of all hidden files on vista and have not downloaded any patches from CA.

Please could someone spell it out to be as I really must be ignorant and thick!
Montano5
April 07, 2009 at 06:41 PM
Muskets range seems good and experience leveling is very good.
Love the canon trails
Seems like horses are better balanced and now they're not titans anymore.

Some units still need to balanced according to me, like a better accuracy for skirmishers and light infantry (light infantry is announced like pre-snipers in the game)
May be a board reviewing troops (regular generic and elite special) may help people to balance unit a little bit according historic facts

Thank you again for the great work Darth!
zebers
April 08, 2009 at 12:59 AM
Could you please increase the conversion rate of Upgraded churches and the priests, in my Maratha campaign my hindu priests give 0.2% conversion, and my max upgraded churches only give 0.2% as well. I still have religious strife in my historic capital after 50 years of preaching. I think my french campaign (pre mod) my priests were getting at least 1.2% while that felt a little high a priest should at least have a 0.6% and maybe as much as 1% for a fully upgraded church.
plissken3
April 08, 2009 at 06:33 AM
For The Kurgan: right click on DarthMod_Empire_0,8(Winrar)then click on "extract to DarthMod_Empire_0,8"- you should now see a folder with DarthMod_Empire_0,8- open folder & follow the folder paths the darth mod has specified- copy the PACK file (called darthmod) into data folder in ETW. Now "scripts folder" for Vista users is located at my computer/drive u r using(where program files are)/USERS/your user name/App Data/ ROAMING/The Creative Assembly/Empire/SCRIPTS folder/now copy "user.empire_script" into that scripts folder.
Note: you might have to download & use the MOD MANAGER(Great mod by the way) to get it to work, I think it can be downloaded in the download section of this site.....

Any way I really hoped this helped you out
I also think this mod is fantastic Thanks once again DARTH!!!
Derek_123
April 11, 2009 at 09:16 PM
very good mod with special addition the game finaly makes my frame rates stutter a bit
Raydaks
April 12, 2009 at 04:41 AM
DarthMod Empire Commander Edition I use
but units size still 160 what I doing wrong?

sory for my English
Raydaks
April 12, 2009 at 10:02 AM
I delited a few mods, and now DarthMod Empire Commander Edition is OK!
Raydaks
April 12, 2009 at 10:16 AM
Russians too strong, vis they bayonet attack, and 500 russians against 300 europians, have no chanses to viktory if russians use bayonets.
maybe vill be better if others have 500 also.

sory for my English
parts
April 12, 2009 at 11:33 AM
i've given in to the dark side.

but seriously cheers mate. thank you SO MUCH. would rep if i could.
TomPunt
April 14, 2009 at 06:14 AM
Your mod really upgrades gameplaying darth. I hope soon you will be able to enhance AI (campaign, diplomacy) too.

Until then I would suggest that you look at the recruitmentsystem (hence; other mod on this site has some good ideas), maybe you can make some good changes here too.

I would also like to see technology to be gained more difficultly so you really have to steal it from other factions and too profit from it over a longer period of time.

Further ships are to cheap to buy and mostly too maintain in respect to armies, too much ships on the map. This also prevents the game from hanging (45 min and longer for all factions, oftenly maratha, untill next turn)

I like the way you enhanced citydefence by throwing in civilianmilitia when attacked, slightly overdone maybe.

Last few days it has been quiet and perhaps you are working on this stuff already but anyway good work, thanks and keep it up!

Greetzz
TomPunt
The Turk
April 14, 2009 at 10:40 AM
Will this replace the original Empire Total War settings?
The Turk
April 14, 2009 at 10:54 AM
I put the darthcom.pack in SteamApps/common/empire total war/data but when I started up the game my line infantry still had only 45 range, can anybody tell me what I did wrong? Oh and i'm using Vista
Azuzu
April 14, 2009 at 07:16 PM
I've been messing with this mod for more than a couple hours trying to figure out where to put the darthmod.PACK file.... it says the Steam folder "as in the included file structure"... the only Steam folder i have(well only one i can find) is the one under my start menu and all it has are the shortcuts to start steam. i dont think that is the right place to put it? i could really use some feedback. thank you in advance
TomPunt
April 17, 2009 at 11:04 PM
Untill version 1.2 your mods worked fine. But this last mod 1.2 crashes to the desktop. I played 3 factions, all three CTD, middle of the game year 1728-1750. I will return to 1.0.

Greetz
gary
April 18, 2009 at 05:17 AM
well i have tried to install this mod.... following his simple instructions as most other mods i use have the same when using mod manager..... the think is... my units are still the same size?160 to 200 depending. so i have obviously not done soemthing right. though for the life of me i cannot figure out what....... i dropped the pack in to the data folder as i do with all the other mods i run and copy and pasted the script line in to my script text. it comes up on mod manager and i always run my mnods via this way... but the unit size is still the same. i have posted on this subject a few times but all is silence.