Downloads: [Resource] My_Mod Files for RTW 1.5 BI or Alex

[Resource] My_Mod Files for RTW 1.5 BI or Alex

Rate this File
Uploaded by Finch - July 27, 2014
Author Author Finch
File Size File Size 30.46 MB
Downloads Downloads 738
+ Download
My_Mod Files for RTW 1.5 BI or Alex (for further modding Enjoyment)

Contains:

* Neutralised senate by Makanyane (RTW BI and Alex)
* Mundus Magnus map by NGR (Huge Map)
* Skymod by horsearcher
* Horses by Pinarius
* Darth Formations by Darth Vader
* M2TW for the ground textures and sea textures
* Night Battles available
* No more burning oil by Dol Goldor
* All Factions Playable

The Rest is up to you guys have fun modding!

These files are primarily intended as a base for further modding or if you want you can play it just as it is.

The zip file contains a mod folder called my_mod which should be installed in the Rome - Total War directory. So in there you will have directories:
/data
/my_mod
etc....

Create a new desktop shortcut to your RTW, right click it and select 'properties' add a space and '-mod:my_mod'
after the last " in the target line (and preferably add -show_err as well) so line looks like:
"C:\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -mod:my_mod -show_err
or similar

For RTW play the imperial_campaign option
(Historical battles and rise_of_rome provincial campaigns etc. are not included)

If you already have a folder named my_mod please rename either this folder or yours and amend the shortcuts
to match!

NB: This has been tested on an installation of RTW 1.5 installed.

NOTES FOR PLAYER

Although these files are actually only really intended as a base for future modding,
the mod folder does make the SPQR faction fully playable and should resolve any bugs
normally encountered in attempting to play them by removing
all hard-coding associated with their original name.

All the Roman factions start in their normal positions and are allied, but the senate missions,
senate offices and restrictions on initiating civil war are removed.

If playing the other Roman factions you should find the SPQR are as aggressive as any normal faction.

The technical principal behind the modification is sound and is used in major released mods - the effect
on campaign development of making the roman factions operate as individual factions has not been play-tested however.

NOTES FOR MODDERS

The only alterations made to the vanilla files are to change the internal name of the SPQR faction from
'romans_senate' to 'slavs'. descr_strat.txt is also altered to remove superfaction lines and make 'slavs' playable.

This has the dual effect of removing any hard-coding normally associated with the senate faction and also gets rid of the greyed out senate tab and senate offices button for the other roman factions and allows the SPQR slot to be
used for a fully playable faction.

PERMISSIONS

Normal CA rules apply to their original content, otherwise the files are free to use as a base for further
modifications etc...

If files are re-posted elsewhere please also include the contents of this read-me.

have fun

makanyane and Finch

Made by Modders for Modders!

Images

None

Comments

Thesban The Great
September 12, 2014 at 06:54 AM
Cheers for this
Finch
November 16, 2014 at 11:24 PM
This is a reupload of the mod, I uploaded it years ago around 2008 with over 7,000 plus downloads but then megaupload disappeared out the face of the planet, i am really humbled up to this day that it reached that number and still growing more and more for a simple modification that i made. Thank you twcenter.net for making all this possible and to all my friends i gained along the way, cheers!
percydanvers
November 19, 2014 at 12:58 AM
I get this error loading the campaign in which it says Error Filename does not exist salt.cas or something like that.
Finch
November 28, 2014 at 12:06 AM
follow the instructions provided you should not be having any problems at all cheers!