Downloads: Factions Template

Factions Template

Uploaded by lionskin - February 08, 2007
Author Author lionskin
File Size File Size 1.34 MB
Downloads Downloads 1,843
+ Download
Hi All,

I've created a faction template for adding new Factions in MTW2.

Following DukeOfSerbia's great tutorial (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79274).

I added one faction so far, and called it "FactionA". I will be adding more factions until the limit, and they will have generic names i.e FactionB, FactionC ... Then you can just map them to any name you want. I will keep updating as i add the factions in.

I've decided to release this, to jumpstart modders who want to add new factions.

Run using Mod Switch. I have included the .cfg, and .bat file

Best Regards,
T.

Images

None

Comments

luther
February 08, 2007 at 09:44 PM
It doesn't work .

Medieval 2:Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
The instruction at "0x05b32bee" referenced memory at "0xfffffffff".The memory could not be "read"
wanderingwayne
February 10, 2007 at 08:21 PM
After much tinkering I did get it to work with i/o first ....cloned a Genoa faction using Milan as my template faction....lionskin's template is not complete, by the way, especially if your not using his example faction....got it to run with all campaign shields and battlefield banners..... but have not been able to get it to work with mod switching.....according to error log fails to load a variety of .tga's when run from mod switch...

Question for the audience: As stated above I did get the new faction template to work in i/o first mode, but when I run it the game will not load my modded imperial regions settlements name .txt file in data\text. File works fine with a other mod switches without new factions. Any ideas?
lionskin
February 11, 2007 at 11:29 AM
wanderingwayne, try copying your campaign files (world folder ...) into the Fac_Test\data folder.
Badshah Waqas
March 23, 2011 at 03:19 PM
ass :wub: