Downloads: G5 Settlement Tweaks v1.01 for M2TW\Kingdoms

G5 Settlement Tweaks v1.01 for M2TW\Kingdoms

Uploaded by Germanicu5 - February 27, 2011
Author Author Germanicu5
File Size File Size 80.21 MB
Downloads Downloads 11,434
+ Download
This modification contains a set of 22 tweaked original Medieval 2: Total War settlements (incl.Aztec).

Current April 6th version is smaller in size and contains only absolutely necessary files.

Changes include optimised defense points layout, which enables AI to defend settlements in a more

challenging way, a small but noticeable feature.

Compatibility: Universal.

Installation: to be put in your modís main directory or (better compatibility if you see any files in YourMod\data\settlements\ directory) in main M2TW folder,
remember to backup data\settlements before applying.

Tested mods
:
Third Age: Total War - install in main MTW directory.
Stainless Steel 6.4 - install in main mod directory, then download the SS-specific pack and put it in SS main directory as well, overwriting all files when prompted.

Example of defense points layout (blue arrows)
Original

Tweaked

Big thanks to Wilddog and makanyane for their work on IWTE tool.
These tweaks are free to use by any modders provided that repository reference is given.
I found no issues during testing, but world fles editing is a new mtw feature, so out of common decency I don't totally exclude the possibility of minor bugs appearing (very unlikely to happen though).

Custom Settlements Repository idea

A number of people is working on custom settlements at the moment, so why not make a common
platform where all forum members can share their models, textures, whole settlements etc. if they like,
so that all community benefits from it and we get more speedy development.
Look for the thread in M2TW Mod Workshop (Here).

Regards

Images

None

Comments

Febrero
June 21, 2011 at 09:19 AM
Can you put a photo please ??
evenmov
June 13, 2012 at 06:23 PM
nice work!
Lubo
November 07, 2012 at 01:25 PM
Settlement Tweaks v0.2.exe - file not found
Dracula
December 21, 2013 at 07:42 AM
Upload the longer version too, I need more !
Gisgo76
January 24, 2014 at 08:06 AM
Gamefront doesnt let me download the SS specific file :_:
clasbin
February 04, 2014 at 08:22 AM
SS-specific pack on Gamefront in dead, even with logging into account.
Updating the download link would make some ppl very happy.

Thanks.
Melooo182
February 13, 2014 at 05:04 PM
Gamefront has half the world blocked so you might need a proxy to DL from that site
you can use this website for a really simple way to use a proxy http://www.usawebproxy.com/
It will have adds, pop ups and what not but nothing harmful as far as i know...most importantly is that it bypasses the blocking from gamefront.
Melooo182
February 13, 2014 at 05:09 PM
Oh and another thing, when donwloading from gamefront using that proxy site, it will try to save the file as file.php or something like that, just rename it to SS-specific Settlement Tweaks v0.2.exe or whatever you whish and it will work fine, just be sure the extension (ei .exe) is the same.
Joe5015
July 02, 2014 at 01:24 AM
my main directories do not have a settlements folder... it just goes data and then lists world sounds cursors animations etc...
what does this mean???