Downloads: Thermopylae Map 1.0
Thermopylae Map 1.0
This is a brandnew very cool huge map, created by me as Historical Battle for MedII.
Not having the ancient classical factions on my pc, as spartans or persians.. i had to put two factions of vanilla game: Byzantines and Turks..
Byzantines playin the role of Spartans and they are defending position on Thermopylae against Turks, another Byzantine army (playin the role of Phoceans) is defending the Anopaia, patrolling the passage.
Two Turkish armies are marching towards Thermopylae, the last one is makin the Anopaia to face the Phoceans (Byzantines)
The game is very balanced even if there are outnumbered armies, in fact it's hard to win even with Turks even with Byzantines.. so u have to make your moves very carefully. The map/soldiers AI are not scripted
In game u can choose to play Turks (u can choose one of their 3 armies) or Byzantines (2 armies)
WHAT'S NEW ON THIS MAP:
- landscapes created 100% brandnew
- the tiny zig-zag passage in Anopaia (present in older beta), has been totally removed..
- armies now can outflank enemies without any difficulty (thing not workin fine on the beta version)
- added the Persian Camp
- removed the spear-head mountaintop present in beta.. now they are more soft and realistic
- added the loading screen of the map and the snapshot
- map incredibly spectacular
HERE'S SOME SCREENSHOTS:
Map seen from 500 metres of altitude.. explaination of the map.. i wrote Persians and Spartans, but they are not in the map
View of the Persian Camp
Thermopylae seen by Persian Camp
Thermopylae seen by the other side of the map..
View from the Gulf of Malis
Technical explaination of the impressivenes of the map.. in this chase the cliff
- Extract the folder "Thermopylae", contained into the rar
- Paste the folder "Thermopylae" into Medieval II Total War\data\world\maps\battle\custom
- enter the game, go into historical battles and select Thermopylae
P.S= i dont have any mod on my pc, so the folder: Medieval II Total War\data\world\maps\battle\custom is the vanilla one
- If some mods wants to use this map for their purposes, as replacing vanilla medII factions with classical ones or whateva they want, send me a pm with the request and i will be glad to give u the permission to use it.
FOR A BETTER APPRECIATION OF THE MAP, I HINT U TO PLAY IT WHILE U ARE LISTENING "3200 YEARS AGO" BY JAMES HORNER! IT RECREATES A PERFECT ATMOSPHERE!
HERE THE FILE:
THANKS ALL, HOPIN YOU WILL LIKE AND ENJOY MY MAP
IF U FIND SOME BUGS, POST HERE, IN THE MOD OFFICIAL 3D
THERMOPYLAE OFFICIAL THREAD:
February 10, 2009 at 05:19 AM
February 05, 2010 at 03:24 PM
|Dude, nice job! this is awsome!
May 13, 2010 at 02:00 AM
|Well done bastard :p. That's sad you deserve more downloads for all time you have been on it : ( !
December 30, 2010 at 02:20 PM
|Link is broken, have reuploaded it though :
April 17, 2011 at 12:32 AM
But can this card is inserted in the vanilla Rome Total War1.5 ?
August 09, 2011 at 01:57 PM
|No. Just in Medieval 2
April 03, 2013 at 10:24 PM
|Both links are busted.