Uploaded by theStig - November 14, 2008
Author Author on a mountain, theStig, =NF= Vasileios_the2nd
File Size File Size 85.05 MB
Downloads Downloads 5,166
+ Download
-La Guerre de Cent Ans -:- The Hundred Years War -

OPEN BETA: VERSION 0.75 - NOT AS PERFECT AS WE WANT IT BUT VERY PLAYABLE

Teamleader - on a mountain
The team: the stig, VasileiosThe2nd with contributions from =NF= the Naked Fanatics

Hello.

I thought I was never going to see the day. After we almost lost the mod during spring and summer as the stig and me were swamped in work in real life, vas and stig (in short bursts) kept going strongly, and eventually reignited my enthusiasm. The past two weeks have been hell I paid for all the work I had not done on this mod since last year when I had sworn I would finish it.
The finished beta is beautiful. I can not put it any other way. Enjoy!

oam

Features:

- Completely New Map of England and France with 113 regions, made from scratch. This is a large map! The overall map is about 20% larger than the original M2, with considerably more landmass

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- Six factions: The two main combatants (england and france) and four satellites (savoy, aragon, hre, and burgundy), allying themselves to one of the main parties while pursuing their own goals.

- Starting date: 1337, ends (officially): 1453

- 2 turns per year (winter/summer).

- Navigatable rivers: four rivers (Rhine, Seine, Garonne, and Rhone) will be navigatable for fleets

- Units are only recruitable from castles, changing the way the game has to be played completely.

- Historical family trees

- New unit rosters:

England
English_Knights
Armoured_Swordsmen
Dismounted_English_Knights
Billmen
Heavy Billmen
Longbowmen
Yeomen_Archers
Peasant_Archers

France
Chivalric_Knights
Noble_Knights
Gendarmes
Dismounted_ Chivalric Knights
Dismounted_Noble Knights
Voulgier
Pike_Militia
Dismounted_French_Archers
Crossbowmen
Peasant_Crossbowmen

HRE
Imperial_Knights
Gothic_Knights
Zweihander
Dismounted_Imperial_Knights
Halbert_Militia
Pike_Militia
Pavise_Crossbowmen
Peasant_Crossbowmen

Burgundy
Gendarmes
Burgundian_Horsemen
Burgher_Pikemen
Burgundian_Axemen
Halberd_Militia
Dijon_Militia
Longbowmen
Pavise_Crossbow_Militia
Peasant_ Archers

Savoy
Italian_MAA
Savoy_Light_Cavalry
Zweihander
Dismounted_Italian_MAA
Swiss_Pikemen
Savoy_Swordsmen
Levy_Axemen
Handgunners
Pavise_Crossbowmen
Peasant_Archers

Aragon
Chivalric_Knights
Jinites
Dismounted_Chivalric_Knights
Swordsmen_ Militia
Almughavars
Pike_Militia
Pavise_Crossbowmen
Peasant_Crossbowmen

- Many reskinned units

- New UI

LINK FOR DOWNLOAD: http://rapidshare.com/files/16537243...earWar_0.7.rar
ALTERNATE DOWNLOAD LINK: http://xfer07.fileplanet.com/%5E1965...earwar_0.7.rar
http://www.2shared.com/file/4274843/...earWar_07.html
FORUM LINK: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=205709

• Bugfixes for all major bugs we find
  • Flanders as a faction, this one needs to be done from scratch and will take some time
  • Wales as a faction, copied entirely from Kingdoms, should not take too long, compared to other things
  • A better campaign map AI, the most difficult job
  • Mercenary units as proposed by Stig, will take me some time to put in, but worth it
  • Complete unit balancing.
  • Small eye candy stuff, such as removing the tutorial button in the main menu and removing all factions we don't use from custom battles
  • Other stuff we come across

(to which the King Richard II added that due to rank the man need only be beheaded)

Images

None

Comments

Cinuz
November 14, 2008 at 03:19 PM
known bugs?
Roland81
November 14, 2008 at 06:38 PM
Awesome!
Morlam
November 15, 2008 at 09:53 AM
WOW - this looks awesome, especially the map!
Emperor of The Great Unknown
November 15, 2008 at 02:19 PM
great i found a bug tho some times the brugandy characters go off the map and go away i saw an AI army walk off the map and disapre and never come back :hmmm: other than that great i love all the regions
Emperor of The Great Unknown
November 15, 2008 at 03:02 PM
factions to add :

The Duchty of Rennes, even though its a french vassel it swichted sides alot and was a key region for the english to get so they could have a land bridge to bordeux.

Kingdom of Narrva, northern spain on the coast of the atlantic. Narrva was on the french side and supplied the french with many troops in the ealry stages of the war it stopped supporting the french after the french lost the atlantic coast then it was taken over by the Kingdom of Argon and then the Kingdom of Castllie.

Suggestion

The Fedual System should cause more of an affect like generals will have titles and armys and land that they control but there still your faction you should have to ask the vassel to make you control there armys only loyal vassels should say yes. you also dont get all the income from there citys they own. you own land of your own that you can give to your vassels to increase loyalty and you can give them money. Kings purse should be directly conroled by you the nobles give you money you can set how much they can give you. if you demand high amounts form them there loyalty will decrease. you can ask vassels of other factions that are disloyal to join your faction. you can also revoke teh title of a vassel to get the land back. if a vassel dies there land will be given to there son or brother if there is no one it will be given to you.

The Pope should also have influence. you can choose how much money you can donate to the chruch the more money the more papal favor. then the pope might give you money or troops and might excommuinate your rivals letting all the other factions go angnist him. also whne there is a crusade you can choose one of your generals with an army to go crusade like in the kingdoms britinia and tectionic campain. then they will disaprre for 10 turns and come back with crusade units and crusade traits and relics. This will increase your Papal favor and have orders of crusader knights to look into your citys to place there orders which in tur nwould increase your papal favor to. also bluiding of chruchs procuting of hertics and not attacking other cathilics would do it to.

Mercnary knights companys, some knights like the free-mans company (England\Northern France) Flemish Company (Flanders\North Eastern France) Men-at-Arms Company (Italy\Burgandy\Southern France) Norweigen Company (England\Germany\Flanders) Scottish Company (Northern England\Flanders\France) should all be guilds that can only be built in there region(s). The Hundred Years War had alot of merecenarys in it they both relyed alot on the Flemish Company. The Scottish were allies with the french almost the whole war and provided many troops for france but sence there is no scotland there just a mercenary guild. also you should have more than one guild per city.
theStig
November 18, 2008 at 10:28 AM
Sorry for the late reaction guys, but I didn't know one was even able to post here ... I'm the uber noob

@Cinuz, there are plenty of small bugs, as this is only a beta, we're still working on everything ... and need your help

@Emperor, dunno about the walking away bug. I doubt we caused it, as we don't know what it is
Also, the next release will feature Flanders as a playable faction and Wales as a emergent rebel faction.
There will be loads of mercenaries ... check the thread for this thing, I posted multiple pics of mercs already. How they will be recruitable will be yet unknown, but I love your idea, +rep for that.
The Pope won't be in this game, since we consider him not really important ... even though there was this famous anti-pope split with Avignon and such around this time.
tartar
November 19, 2008 at 08:10 AM
can't download non file Maybe you link to RapidShare Please.
I want to play this mod very much
RapidShare Please.........
theStig
November 19, 2008 at 11:07 AM
done
tartar
November 20, 2008 at 05:15 AM
thank you very much sir
I play this mod nowcute mod
Conquistador_88
December 20, 2008 at 06:25 AM
Please you must change some things in crown of Aragon.

The most important is that Aragon never had territories in Castile xD.

Thanks

PD:By the way, the mod is awesome, congratulations! i love it!
theStig
December 23, 2008 at 09:32 AM
Haha, we know that, but we've given Castile to them just so they've got something to start with. Maybe one day there might be Castile as well.
Rookey89
December 27, 2008 at 01:07 PM
Little problem here..
I'm only just starting with mods and everything, but for some reason I can't install this mod.. to where do I have to extract the files to make it all work??:hmmm:
Please help me?

Cheers
Maximus_54
January 11, 2009 at 12:03 PM
Why is there no Scotland, or Ireland....and the dutch....where....
Maximus_54
January 11, 2009 at 12:04 PM
Oh and of course the Navarre......
melnikovav
January 19, 2009 at 11:09 AM
how do u install this game? where do u put the batch file and the main data file? this mod doesnt even have instructions. can someone help? i really wanna play it.