Force Diplomacy for Roma Surrectum 1.5a

Uploaded by Turnus - February 26, 2008
Author Author Turnus
File Size File Size 112.4 KB
Downloads Downloads 3,450
+ Download
Force Diplomacy Modification for Roma Surrectum 1.5a by Turnus

Many thanks to DimeBagHo

This small modification allows the player to force any AI faction to agree to any diplomatic demands, which can help to counteract the poor importance of diplomacy in RTW, and the ridiculous stubborness of the AI factions. Now the player can make proper treaties, and force other factions to pay indemnities or become a vassal state. It is best used when the player only forces the AI to accept demands that the player would accept themself if they were in the AI faction's position.

Installation Instructions:

Download the .rar file and then extract or Paste the "Data" folder into your main RTW (with Roma Surrectum 1.5a) directory, and agree to overwite existing files. If you would like to back up these files, they are as follows:

RTW/data/export_descr_advice.txt
RTW/data/text/export_advice.txt

How to use Force Diplomacy in Campaign:

1. Press Esc
2. Go to Game Options
3. Tick the box for "Reset Advisor" and continue back to the campaign map.
4. Engage the diplomacy window with another faction via a diplomat.
5. Click the "?" in the top right hand corner of the diplomacy window
6. The advisor will appear. Click "show me" and then click the advisor's face to make it go away.
7. Select the offers/demands as required.
8. Offer these to the AI faction. It will accept them.

NOTE:
a) This process must be repeated each time that you would like to force your diplomatic actions on the AI.
b) The AI cannot agree to demands that it physically cannot carry out (e.g. it cannot give you money it does not/will not have).

Enjoy,
Turnus

Images

None

Comments

CTDylan
March 08, 2008 at 08:32 PM
is it possible to make this for vanilla Rome? I'm desperate for something like this in vanilla
spl00ge
March 20, 2008 at 02:20 AM
You can edit the values in the base Rome data and text, but as of yet, noone has uploaded them. I might, if I get around to it.
Jon of The Thirteenth Legion
February 28, 2010 at 12:05 PM
Jon of The Thirteenth Legion
February 28, 2010 at 12:06 PM
how the hell do i even install the very first surrectum im new here nd i cant seem to ge surrectum workin and ive done everything