Downloads: Installer Template for Kingdoms mods
Installer Template for Kingdoms mods
This is an installer template that can be used for creating installers for Medieval II Total War : Kingdoms mods. It uses the free Inno Setup Compiler (http://www.jrsoftware.org/) and builds an installer executable for a mod that uses the kingdoms.exe.
UPDATE: There was an error in the registry section. It wasn't setting the "GameExe" value to "kingdoms.exe. This has been fixed.
To use this template, extract the contents of the zip file and follow these steps:
- Rename the "InstallerTemplate\mods\ModName" folder to suit the name of your mod.
- Rename the "InstallerTemplate\mods\ModName\medieval2.ModName.bat" to suit the name of your mod.
- Change the "kingdoms.exe @mods\ModName\medieval2.ModName.cfg" command to suit the name of your mod.
- Rename the "InstallerTemplate\mods\ModName\medieval2.ModName.cfg" to suit the name of your mod.
- Change the "mod = mods\ModName" preference to suit the name of your mod.
- Change the contents to suit your mod.
- Copy all of your mod data files to this location. For a good base, download and install the Retrofit Mod (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1581). The Retrofit Mod data folder "[m2tw path]\mods\retrofit\data\*.*" can then be copied to this location.
- OPTIONAL: Depending on the scope of your mod, you can optionally omit the campaign and battle files from the data directory if they are identical to vanilla M2TW. You can then uncomment the campaign and battle components from the inno setup script to copy them from the vanilla install path during installation.
- Open "InstallerTemplate\innosetup_script.iss" in the Inno Setup Compiler.
- Change the values of the following defines (at the top of the script) to suit your mod.
#define __MOD_PATH "mods\ModName" (Mod Path Name)
#define __MOD_DISPLAY_NAME "Mod Name" (Display Name)
#define __MOD_VERSION "1.0" (Mod Version)
#define __MOD_CONFIG "medieval2.ModName.cfg" (Config file to launch with)
#define __MOD_OUTPUT_NAME "ModInstaller" (Output name of the compiled installer)
#define __MOD_ID "0005ModName" (Unique Registry Mod Key)
#define __MOD_AUTHOR "Mod Author" (Registry key for mod author)
- OPTIONAL: If you have omitted the campaign and/or battle files from the data directory and wish to have the installer copy them from the vanilla install path, uncomment the appropriate entries under the [Components] and [Files] sections. You can also uncomment the appropriate entries to allow the installer to copy save games from the vanilla install path.
- Compile the script.
- The compiler will create the finished installer in "InstallerTemplate\output\[__MOD_OUTPUT_NAME].exe"
- The above process is designed to fast track the implemetation of a kingdoms mod installer. Feel free to make any further changes to the script to suit the specifics of your mod.
- This template has not been extensively tested and may contain errors or not be suitable for some mods.
- The Author of this template will not be held responsible for the risks connected with any loss (financial or otherwise), damage to property, lost data, console, computer or handheld device failure, errors and lost business or other information as a result of possession, use or malfunction of this template.
February 02, 2008 at 05:23 AM
just error for non pommy country??
here was an error processing your request; it appears to be invalid or there was an error with your conection. Please wait while your request is retried...
If you need further help with a download, please contact FileFront support.