Author Author Zephrelial
File Size File Size 142.08 MB
Downloads Downloads 399,216
+ Download
CLOUDS ACROSS EUROPE by Zephrelial

VERSION CAE EXTENDED

Spoiler for Version History
V1.4 Extended

-New extended map with new regions,climate,terrain and cities.Map size have been increased to : width 365
height 189
-The map had been extended starting from the Caspian Sea towards east.17 new regions are added.

-List of new cities that were added :

1-Saray
2-Sihir
3-Khiva
4-Urgench
5-Samarkand
6-Tehran
7-Nishapur
8-Herat
9-Isfahan
10-Yezd
11-Zarani
12-Shiraz
13-Basra
14-Shihr
15-Dufar
16-calafu
17-Sahar

-Various Mercenaries will spawn at newly added regions.
-Mongols have been relocated to new Sihir province from Isker and Khwarezm have been relocated to Samarkand from Tabriz.
-New faction starting location maps at faction selection screen,more accurate corresponding with factions starting locations,colour theme arranged according to faction primary color RGBs.
-New special faction unit tga pictures for Sweden,Georgia and Abbasids.
-Abbasid units not available in grand campaign but accidentally took place in custom battle selection were removed.
-Mongols producing countless units which slowed down the turn waiting time was fixed.
-Optional folder was removed due to incompability with main files.

Screenshot links :

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/2f251

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/8346c

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/16a7e

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/5a7f4

[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]FOR STEAM USERS :

When running the installer use this directory to intall to :
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war
and then at the same location find and open medieval2preferance.cfg file,right click on it and select properties tab uncheck read-only option and then open the file with notepad and copy paste this anywhere on the file just make sure you leave 1 blank line between it and other commands)

[features]
mod = CloudsAcrossEurope

[io]
file_first = true

save and then right click on properties again and put a checkmark on read-only option again.Double click on cloudsacrosseurope.bat file to start the mod.

COMPATIBILITY:

Compatible with medieval patch v1.2,v1.3 and Steam.

Adds 8 new factions:The Shahdom of Khwarezm,The Kingdom of Jerusalem,The Teutonic Order,Principality of Wallachia ,Grand Duchy of Lithuania,Caliphate of Abbasids,Kingdom of Georgia and Kingdom of Sweden

Defend vigilantly your lands and your Orthodox faith,with Wallachia against the western Catholics as well as against the growing threat of Turks...

The lands of Scandinavia will not belong to anyone without a bloody struggle.. The Danes can not go unchecked now that the Swedish enters the fray...

Will you choose diplomacy for your delicate position as being the sole Pagan faction in Eastern Europe that refuses to convert to other religions?Or will you crush your enemies and unleash the might of the Lithuanians?

Behold the might of the Kingdom of Georgia or lead them to rise to power in the East while proving that Mephes Mephe is indeed the Kings of Kings..

Build the temple of Dievas,to strengthen Paganism and convert the population,you will desperately need them to prevail in your lands..

Take command of the powerful military order of the Teutonics,and wage war against your rivals both in Europe and holy lands.

Try the remodeled Teutonic Knights,test their mettle in battle,while your enemies behold the majestic winged helmets of your Knights

The titles of the Order such as GrossKomtur and GrossTressler is given according to attributes such as loyalty,command..And give variety of bonuses.

Become the mighty fortress of God in the middleeast,with the Kingdom of Jerusalem.
Build a Kingdom that will last for ages.

Amass a formidable army consists of veteran Knights,originated from Hospitaller,Teutonic and Templar orders.Instill fear in the hearts of your enemies.

You are descendant from the great Prophet,but will you be able to live up to this great title and be worthy of being the "Sword of Islam?"

Be warned the Caliphate of Abbasids have enemies among their own faith as well as the Christians...

Experience the richness of the strong Shahdom of Khwarezm.Solidate your position against the Mongol Horde.

Take command of the armies of Khwarezm that consists of
Turkomans,Kypchaks,Iranians and Arabs.Make good use of the War Elephants to dominate the battlefield.

New Islamic Princesses for the factions The Turks,Moors and Egypt.

Mongols made optionally made playable.Start your ruthless invasion from your base of Sarkel,make the other factions tremble and spread Mongol Paganism to the World...

Use your Islamic princesses to lure enemy family members to your side,and arrange marriages to cement strong alliances.

Build the secret guild of the Order of the Dragon.And experience the bloody work of the Europe's magnificient Kings who wields the best armour,and received the utmost training..

A total remake of the Battle of Tannenberg featuring all sides that historically were the battling parties:The Teutonic Order,Kingdom of Poland and the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.All sides are playable,that gives a differen t angle to this bloody battle.

Now,the Orthodox factions have their Patriarch.The Patriarch is available from the Huge Orthodox Cathedral for Byzantine players

The Russian faction Bishops have the chance to become Patriarch based on their piety..

Here is the uniform difference of french professional soldier unit crossbowmen and militia based unit crossbow militia:

(left crossbow militia) (right crossbowmen)

MOD FEATURES:

-COMPATIBLE WITH MTW2 EXPANSION: KINGDOMS
-REQUIRES PATCH V1.2 TO RUN
-INCOMPATIBLE WITH PATCH V1.1(DO NOT INSTALL PATCH V1.1)
- Hotseat mod
-Comes with an easy installer.
-Does not overwrite any vanilla folders or interfere with other mods.
-Uses a modified version of the vanilla map with 7 additianal regions.
-Uses the vanilla map with changes to region distribution according to a medieval historical map.
-8 new factions:Caliphate of the Abbasids,Shahdom of Khwarezm,Kingdom of Jerusalem ,The Teutonic Order,Grand Duchy of Lithuania,Kingdom of Georgia,Kingdom of Sweden and the Principality of Wallachia.
-Features an "optional" folder where players are able to make certain preferances like "undestroyable factions" "passive milan" "destroyable papal states"
-Eras system that enables the appering of the units according to Early,High and Late periods of the medieval age.
-Mongols optionally made playable with functioning Paganism,mongolian accent,campaign descriptions,added missing units,campaign goals.
-Functioning like the other religions,Paganism is introduced with Romuva priests and Dievas Temples for Lithuania and with Altar of Sudbeth and shamans for the Mongols.
-Remake of the Battle of Tannenberg,featuring all the sides of the historical battle Teutonic Order,Poland and Lithuania all made playable.
-Historical and Realistic region names instead of city names.
-Professional and Militia soldiers battle uniform distinction for HRE,England and France.
-Tweaked economical system which enables the factions to be richer.
-Recruitable generals of both Early and Late versions available from citadels.
-Historical and famous faction leaders for the new factions.
-Patriarch for the Orthodox factions,Russian bishops have the chance to be Patriarch provided they have the piety level of 7 at least.
-New guild order of the Dragon for HRE that enables the unit Dragon Knights.
-New factions have their own units,campaign descriptions,banners,campaign models,textures etc.
-New princesses for Islamic factions with their own portraits and campaign models.
-Includes Blood Broads and Bastards mod v2.0
-5 new exclusive to the faction Teutonic Order ranks,titles.

CAE v1.4

-MOD REUPLOADED ALONG WITH THE CAE v1.4 CTD&BugFixer included to the mod.
-new playable faction Kingdom of Georgia
-new playable faction Kingdom of Sweden
-CAE hotseat mod(by Ataegina)
-Further isolation of the mod

-Added the Shields of Kwarizmian unit: "Immortals"

Edit by Gigantus: since the merger of the two executable files by Steam this mod is no longer compatible unless additional modification are done. A version (2.0) ported to Kingdoms and Steam exists since June 2019 and can be downloaded here

INSTALLATION:

Before installing the mod make sure you have the patch v1.02 installed.And delete any folders related to a previous installation of previous versions of CAE.(simply uninstall the previous version)After downloading simply run the installer and it will install the CAE into your computer.To run the mod double click on the CAE icon on your desktop.

CREDITS:

-Cenk Tunca
-Burrek
-Dearmad&Pnutmaster
-Carnium
-Zhumin 1978

-SirPaladin
-Ieuano
-Bdotward
-Kb8
-SpaceUnion
-Raven DarkWing
-Ataegina
-SpaceUnion

THANKS TO:

Everyone
who encouraged me all the time about making good mods and for their support.
Halie Satanus- who granted the mod a subforum also persuaded me not to quit modding,but to take a break.
Lusted- for being always helpful to me and enlightening me about many things
Hader- for showing great vigilancy and quickness about enforcing the permissions.
Renaissance mod Team-for their sensitivity and respect to permissions and their proffessional working behaviours.
Rob the Celt-for his understanding and respect to other people's work.
Alpaca-for his excellent tools sd.converter and strings .bin converter
Tsar Stefan IV- for his magnificient tutorial about the alpha channels of the strat banners.
Sicilian Vespers-for helping me out when my need was dire about the new faction logos.
SirPaladin-For his help on the Wallachian faction.As well as the contribution of the Wallachian logo.
EzE-For fixing the shadow(alpha channel) of the unitcard of Dragon Knights.
Ieuano-For the images of Teutonic ancillaries,and teutonic ranks+titles
Kb8-For the regions he added.
Bdotward- For his exquisite Jerusalem symbol design
Eranshahr-For researching Sweden diligently
Nissdruva-For researching Sweden,and backing it up with adequate knowledge
Tadrzeuli- For researching Georgia,and presenting a comfortable database.
Ahiga of BC- For presenting excellent Abbasid troops&faction info for v1.5
Jimmy-for his help at the release of v1.4
Loet-for trying to solve the untasteful problem in v1.4 release
GreenEyedDevil- For fixing the Visby's disembarkment bug.

PERMISSION

This mod is registered at TWC under the permission type: Personal Use Only and can not take place in other mods along with its registered sub-mods:
Shahdom of Khwarezm,The Teutonic Order,Kingdom of Jerusalem,Orthodox Patriarch,Eras and General,
Eastern Princess and Order of the Dragon mods.

IMPORTANT NOTICE
The first phase of the mod is completed with the release of the v1.3.

For CTD and Bug reports please visit the thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=142005

For your comments and feedback on the mod please visit the thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=93272

The Eagle Standart Interview about CAE can be found here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102484

Images

• Clouds Across Europe 1.4 Extended

Comments

republic_bohemia
April 14, 2007 at 10:00 AM
Thank you Zephrelial and your crew for putting your personal time to make such a great addition expansion for this game,Every thing amost mostly I wanted is in this mod.

Just I understand that your not puting bugs fixes in this mod,because you waiting for the pacth 1.2 to come out,so that makes sense.

Onces more Thank you Modders!
Byz
April 14, 2007 at 01:05 PM
This looks great. I have a few suggestions: 1) You should incorporate blood, broads, & bastards 2) You should DEFINITELY incorporate many, many more regions into the game; the vanilla regions are just completely bare bones - one of the regions and provinces mods would be good. It would probably be best to make two versions, one with bigmap and one without. 3) any kind of AI improvement would be preferable. All that being said, I'm sure it's already great the way it is and can't wait to play it.
ramtha
April 14, 2007 at 07:43 PM
Renaissance mod Team-for their sensitivity and respect to permissions and their proffessional working behaviours.
YES! We made the credits!

BTW, I think this is the only mod that actually does something drastically cool... tons of outrageously cool stuff in this...

other mods just kinda say "better ai, more realistic battles, 5000 added regions, 9 new factions"

but this one actually does something incredible.

Knasp
April 15, 2007 at 04:16 AM
Behold the power of screenshots...
This mod looks so cool I can't wait to download it. Thanks alot Zephrelial and all modders.
kb8
April 15, 2007 at 09:36 AM
Fantastic.
pouya
April 16, 2007 at 08:13 AM
thanks alot Zephrelial this is onother great mod
Cooler King
April 17, 2007 at 11:33 AM
Can you combine this with DLV or would it not work??? I like the new factions but the Role Playing element of DLVs got me hooked.
Turkeus
April 17, 2007 at 10:56 PM
Will this work with 1.2 patch?
Zephrelial
April 18, 2007 at 03:36 AM
Probably it will work.Because NaptownKnight confirmed that it was compatible with the Khwarezm mod.This mod contains largely parts from it.
l RICo l
April 21, 2007 at 01:50 AM
great mod? but i wont all new fractions add in R&PBM mod, how can I do this?????
dejavukid
April 21, 2007 at 09:40 PM
uhh...its not working waahh..when I try to start a Campaign it just goes into black screen and an error pops out..I already deleted the descr_geography etc...and still it doesnt work..why? Do I still have to download your other mods?
widowmaker2
May 01, 2007 at 02:47 PM
I must say,.....really really nice done ....had already a lot of fun with this mod(far more then the vanilla )
ForlornHope
May 01, 2007 at 10:36 PM
Looks wonderful! A+
ST@LIN
May 03, 2007 at 09:20 AM
I have no patient for the Kingdoms expansion.Now i can Play Teutonic and Crusader Campain,thanks a lot !Is it hard to create new faction?I want to create my country-Bulgaria.
Here are some maps of my country's Medieval Period.
893-927 (The yellow is a wartime border,The orange is the border it time of peace) http://www.bgns.net/site/images/stor...karti/2-14.jpg About 1080(The starting period in Medieval 2 Campain)
http://www.bgns.net/site/images/stor...karti/2-17.jpg
About 1210
http://www.bgns.net/site/images/stor...karti/2-21.jpg
Smash
May 12, 2007 at 11:24 PM
I really enjoyed this mod.. However I was playing as Jerusalem and some of the icons were all distorted and wrecked.. Example being, The ok button when looking at unit stats and stuff in game had a picture overlapping it from another box. and then it crashed to desktop on me