The Lion Of Flanders - Flanders Faction Mod

Uploaded by DeZzErX - March 18, 2007
Author Author DeZzErX
File Size File Size 47.92 MB
Downloads Downloads 3,238
+ Download
The Lion Of Flanders - Flanders Faction Mod

Description:
This mini-mod adds the Flemish as a faction to MTW2. With their own unique units such as the Goedendag Militia, Badelaar Militia
and the Flemish Pikemen. Everything is included to make this faction as complete as the vanilla ones.

DOES NOT REPLACE ANY ORIGNAL FACTIONS.

Features:
-Adds the faction County of Flanders to MTW2.
-Faction has 30 units.
-County of Flanders start with the province of Bruges.
-Faction campaign description, units, banners,faction logo, merchants, diplomats,...
-Historical faction Leader.
-Unique units such as the Badelaar Militia, Goedendag Militia and Heavy Goedendag Militia.
-The Army relies heavily on Militia units.

Installation:

Extract the RAR in too the MTW2 Folder. (for instance "c:\program files\MTW2")
After the extraction is complete you'll find flandersfaction.bat in the MTW2 Folder, simply click this twice to run the mod :wink:

NOTE: if you want the small ingame movies to work (such as the assasination movies for example) do this:

Open the Data folder in MTW2 Directory, then open the fmv folder and select the following folders:
-assasinate
-event
-generic
-infiltrate
-sabotage

Right click and then click copy.

Then open the flandersfaction folder in the MTW2 directory (NOT THE FLANDERSFACTION FOLDER IN THE DATA DIRECTORY), open the fmv folder
and paste the folders you copied before in it. Done.

Permissions: Free To Use

Forum: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88837

Images

• The Lion Of Flanders - Flanders Faction Mod

Comments

republic_bohemia
March 18, 2007 at 09:10 PM
Nice Job!
Sir_Thomas
March 19, 2007 at 10:27 AM
This looks very good. I like that it does not change the M2TW data file like some mods do.
Sir_Thomas
March 19, 2007 at 10:31 AM
My mistake. It does change the M2TW data file. I'm more than a little wary of doing that.
Gorgor
March 19, 2007 at 11:55 AM
I love the mod i just sarted playing but i found a mistake:

when you after selecting grand campaign cant see a shield of Flanders ( black lion on yellow background) you just have to move your arrow of your mouse a bit to the right and then cliking on it, you will see the whole explanation of flanders appearing and then its the normal way, i think its the same with custom battle two

I love the mod touhg and if you can make a bigger map with sb2ean or something's regions and provinces it even is better
Fredderix
March 19, 2007 at 12:28 PM
well done

wow with all the new factions iv added to my game there will be no rebels left if added

Kingdom of Jeruselem, Teutonic order, Wales, Ireland and now Country of Flanders
Fredderix
March 19, 2007 at 12:34 PM
I'v added, not if added
DeZzErX
March 19, 2007 at 01:32 PM
@Gorgor

Yea I'm aware of that, haven't been able to find a solution tho, as soon as I do I'll release a fix

I might in the future incorporate other mods in too this one to get a bigger map and some more goodies. But this is the first mod I've done for a Total War game so I wanted to keep the first release simple

Future releases will incorporate more stuff
Gorgor
March 19, 2007 at 03:12 PM
I cant wait till the next one (maybe you can add a faction brabant with capital antwerp so the player can choose bacaus ei coming from antwerp would take the brabants) but still good job apart from the problem i menisiond ealrlier i cant find a single bug or mistake only that the flanders should be allied with england because thats why al the trouble started and bruges and antwerp should have a port right from the beggining i modivied my program files do do so
DeZzErX
March 19, 2007 at 03:30 PM
Ah yes Brabant would be great! I come from Antwerp too so

And I'll definatly include your sugestions in the next release!
Godfried v Bouillon
March 21, 2007 at 10:20 PM
Will the city Ghent be on the map? Didn' t downloaded yet, but I will because I m from Flanders just like DeZZerX and Gorgor. But I m not from not Antwerp. Gess wich city I come from?:hmmm:
Strang that Antwerp is on the map though. It only became important when Brugge declined. Ghent should be on the map instead of Antwerp for many important historical reasons.

Anyway, nice that you made this mod
DeZzErX
March 22, 2007 at 02:04 AM
Ghent and stuff might be included in following releases
stefanmg
March 22, 2007 at 09:23 AM
This loks excellent! Can't wait to start playing!
AMBASZ
March 23, 2007 at 11:04 AM
I've been waiting for this faction for ages, thanks a lot DeZ

Antwaarpe !
Tjens
March 24, 2007 at 06:34 AM
Nicely done, I always wanted a Belgisch/Dutch faction in the game, altough they look a bit like the holy empire, you could make them more orange instead. Maybe add a little Holland-like unit.

Also, Darth has insert Utrecht as a city, wich is a good idea, as the bishop (of Utrecht) lived there, and played a bug part in Dutch history.
Gorgor
March 25, 2007 at 09:19 AM
If DeZ should have to put in Ghent then he also would ahve to make a second region for Brabant and the idea of Utrecht is intetesting because the province of antwerp is to large so he Dez should put in
- Ghent for Flanders
-Other region for Brabant
-smaller regio of Antwerp and a Utrecht region instead

and then searching out to wich faction Utrecht should be with and an entire new family tree.
This is some work wich will take some time