Downloads: Vlad III Dracula (Tepes) MOD v0.3

Vlad III Dracula (Tepes) MOD v0.3

Uploaded by jadecrusader - January 20, 2007
Author Author jadecrusader
File Size File Size 5.15 MB
Downloads Downloads 4,295
+ Download
Play as Vlad III Dracula, as you struggle to defend your homeland against the Ottoman Empire.

There is a READ ME file for installation instructions. This MOD will install a new folder called "dracula" and will not overwrite your game files.

Features
* Begins in 1456, with appropriate technology
* Historically updated territories
* New Wallachia Faction
* New Vlach units and stats
* Byzantines do not exist
* New Load Screens
* Turns advance in 6 month periods
* The character names and traits have been tweaked
* Vlad is a general positioned in Wallachia
* Stephen III is poised to attack Moldavia
* The Turks begin at war with Hungary
* Turkish Armies are positioned around Hungary
* Constantinople and most of Greece is in the control of the Ottomans
* New win conditions to hold out against the Turks
* Historic Event Text for various turns (through the 1461 invasion)
* New Invasion AI
* New Campaign Maps
* New faction leaders and armies
* Financial tweaks made to bankrupt England and France after the Hundred Years War
* Mongols control Mongolia
* Russians control Muscovy
* Rebels in Burgundy and Teutonic areas are stronger
* Africa is rebelling in Benin areas

Requirements: 1.1 Patch
You must copy folders installed by the 1.1 Patch to the Mod folder.

Images

• Vlad III Dracula (Tepes) MOD v0.3

Comments

Sir_Thomas
January 21, 2007 at 01:00 PM
Played a little of it yesterday. The game is a hoot. Have been boosting Vlad's dread trying to reach MAX dread.
jadecrusader
January 21, 2007 at 01:32 PM
I just posted v0.2 which has some minor fixes.

Fixed Turkish militia skins
Fixed Vlad's ambush and other traits
Fixed Fredrick of Hapsburg's character record
Fixed position of Turkish army in Macedonia
jadecrusader
January 21, 2007 at 01:40 PM
To win the game, you really have to use Vlad's dread. I think that is one of the most important points I wanted to make in this game. You have to exterminate and execute at almost every turn. Again, the point being to show in the context of a game how politics and warfare become one in this world.

You know if you look at the wars fought in the Balkans and the Middle East, you will find that many leaders were or are just like Vlad. They use fear to keep order in their lands and to keep out occupiers.

The game really picks up on this. In one of my games, I had a 40% happiness increase to settlements when Vlad was its governor because of his dread and fear. I could keep very hostile cities happy by keeping Vlad around for a couple of turns.

In battle you can crush Turkish armies just by parking Vlad behind them. They almost always turn and flee.
ELChito
January 22, 2007 at 02:50 PM
I like the Idea of this mod, its like focused on on person's life. It would be great to see other mods focused on the lives of Important people in history.
chaos
January 23, 2007 at 01:31 PM
I hope impaling prisoners is an option !!!
jadecrusader
January 28, 2007 at 08:04 PM
Version 0.3 is out. Wallachia is its own faction now with new units, text, and relations to other factions.
mballa83
January 29, 2007 at 03:44 PM
Is this mod compatible with the winning combo mod? Great job by the way, it is a blast to play.
jadecrusader
January 29, 2007 at 06:53 PM
Mballa, I don't know if it is compatible. It uses the Mod Switch technique and has its own folder. It does not use the -Io method of modding. If there is a way to load multiple folders, then it might be possible, but since all those mods use the same files to establish the map, factions, and units, then probably not--unless there is something that I don't know about.
jadecrusader
April 14, 2007 at 04:33 PM
You must have the 1.1 Patch Installed to play this Mod.!!!
Otherwise you will not have sound and the AI will be buggy.
Dragos the Old
April 30, 2007 at 08:08 AM
Hi, I'm a romanian... nice job, with the mod, it really cool!!! But I have a little problem... I' ve changed some of the unit names for Wallachia in the "export_units.txt.strings" BIN-file from the Dracula\data\text...folder. And now, all I see when I play the game: "Unlocalised placement text" when I look in the info slot of EVERY unit, from all factions!!! Can you help me on how to fix this...please!!!
vlad_tepes
September 16, 2013 at 05:40 PM
i cant download it
Sigismund von Landsknecht
September 19, 2013 at 08:36 PM
Hey, I bring back this conversation from 6 years ago to ask: is that compatible with the last version of medieval 2? I mean the 1.3, because there is no way to come back to old versions and it doesn't seems to work with the mod (simply can't find Wallachia).
DukeOfHell
October 13, 2014 at 11:18 AM
hey i dont understand how to start the mod
i have installed everything and added the folders but i dont have the button to start it
DukeOfHell
October 21, 2014 at 09:58 AM
when i want to start the mod it always opens the normal TW: Medieval 2 game
Vlad Dracula
April 30, 2017 at 03:37 AM
How do you start this mod!?